Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smith & Wesson 357 Mag. Model 65-5 with 3" barrel in great condition and Colt 357 mag. Trooper Mark III in new condition that I want to sell... Any guidance on the best way to sell them would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
You can start buy posting in the "classified" section.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a Smith & Wesson 357 Mag. Model 65-5 with 3" barrel in great condition and Colt 357 mag. Trooper Mark III in new condition that I want to sell... Any guidance on the best way to sell them would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
**You must have at least 10 posts before you can start a new thread. Reading is fundamental :dunno

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

Thanks a bunch!
If you want use this forum to sell your handguns, then start by reading the rules of the forum.

If you're asking about selling handguns in general, then the Federal rules say both the buyer and the seller have to be at least 18 years old (21 if using an FFL) and residents of the same State and neither can be a "prohibited person", where prohibited generally means has no felony convictions or domestic violence convictions. It's my understanding that the seller is not legally OBLIGATED to "inquire" about the buyer, but the buyer must not be known to the seller as a "prohibited person", keeping in mind I am not an attorney (didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express either) and therefore may not know what I'm talking about.

Some folks simply ask for a driver's license to show proof of FL residence. Others sellers require the buyer to show a concealed carry license as proof that they've passed a background check. Which you choose to do is up to you, keeping in mind, that if you inadvertently sell YOUR handgun to a felon and YOUR gun shows up at a crime scene, YOU are going to get a visit from LEO and have to answer some questions.

Hope that helps.

Allan

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Others sellers require the buyer to show a concealed carry license as proof that they've passed a background check.
This is the best route when face to face. Bring a friend who carries but tell him/her to stay in the car keeping his/her eyes peeled as the transaction happens. Never allow more than the person buying the gun to get out of a car. If two or three get out of a car, get back in yours, call the guy by phone and ask him to ask his buddies to stay put in the car.

YMMV...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks....I was just looking for information. I just looked but couldn't find rules on selling on this forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Oh Oh, the bonz sickness rears its ugly head again! :rofl

·
Registered
15,234 Posts
Oh Oh, the bonz sickness rears its ugly head again! :rofl
And this surprises you? :dunno :grin

Unfortunately I get the feeling the OP was run off by some of the responses, and I may never get the opportunity to find out more about the weapons.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
3,104 Posts
Bonz, i just e-mailed the OP and asked him to return to this thread because there might be a person interested in his firearms. You might want to PM him and introduce yourself.

Regards,
Ron

·
Registered
15,234 Posts
Bonz, i just e-mailed the OP and asked him to return to this thread because there might be a person interested in his firearms. You might want to PM him and introduce yourself.

Regards,
Ron
Thank you sir. I PM'd him immediately after reading the post. Hopefully he'll respond.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts