Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MamaBear is one unhappy camper.

I called today to find out why I haven't received my license yet. They informed me that the FBI rejected my fingerprints. WHAT??!! They mailed a letter September 17 to me (that I haven't received yet) informing me that I have to be finger printed all over again.

I'm not happy about this.

A police officer is the one who took my finger prints and none of it was blurred or smudged or creased or anything. I've already been finger printed before for my real estate license so it's not like I'm not on record anywhere.

Did I mention I'm not happy?

They cashed my check on July 25th. Now I have to wait to get this letter go somewhere and get finger printed *again* (and pay for it *again*) then drive to a post office to mail it *again* then start the waiting game all over *again*:mad:. And I don't even care that the previous sentence was a run-on sentence. I'm not happy about this.

I'm one grumpy bear right now.

MamaBear,

Grrrrrr. :mad:

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
The same thing happened to my wife...the best bet is to get the prints done electronically.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Sorry to hear your ordeal MamaBear. I think they lost your fingerprints and don't want to say it. I would suggest that you do the next set electronically. They can't loose those. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
finger prints...BUH

Welcome to the fp reject club. I did mine electronicaly and got rejected twice! Only paid once. Waited from mid Febuary to First of September for mine. Bite the bullet girl, you will get it!! Good Luck.....Pops004

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
The same thing happened to my wife...the best bet is to get the prints done electronically.
I agree..That way you dont send anything and it happens Right NOW! Only 10 bucks if I recall..most county Sheriff stations have the ability..just call 'em and find one near you...

·
Registered
974 Posts

I called today to find out why I haven't received my license yet. They informed me that the FBI rejected my fingerprints. WHAT??!! They mailed a letter September 17 to me (that I haven't received yet) informing me that I have to be finger printed all over again.

MamaBear,

We've recently heard from one member who got one or more wrong answers when he called. It may be worth calling again to see if somebody gives a different answer. Sometimes they make mistakes.

At the very least, you can try to find out how to get your prints done again before you get the letter.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
MamaBearto2,

Same thing happened to my wife three years ago. The instructor was contacted and the prints redone and submitted a second time. If they weren't in by a certain date, the license would be invalidated. We got it to them in plenty of time.

It happens, but whats a woman to do but get er done again and it'll all be worth the wait I'm sure. If the PD took the prints, I'd see if they'd redo them for free myself, it was someones mistake, not yours and they should make it right.

Good luck

Brownie

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Hi MB! Sorry to hear of your problems. For what it's worth, when I went to get my prints done (electronically) at the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, the woman who took mine said that because of my fingers, I had a light print. I guess my ridges are less pronounced. Because of this she informed me that she would send a letter or note confirming that the prints came out the way they did due to the characteristics of my fingers and not because of poor print/image quality.

She also mentioned that this happens every now and then and was not unusual. I received my CCP with no delay.

Point of this story, if the fingerprinter mentions anything about the quality of your prints when they take them, you might ask about that note i mentioned.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My rejection letter came today and was informed my prints 'were not sufficiently legible'. Whatever.

I went to the actual Sheriff's office and had my prints taken again. I had to stick with the paper because they sent another card along with their letter telling me to have a second set taken and return it along with their letter. The lady was very helpful and even typed up a letter stating that the prints were the 2nd set and were the very best she could get.

Hopefully all of this will make a difference this time. Just for good measure I did go ahead and mail it certified/return receipt so I'd know when they received it so I could start the second countdown.

MamaBear

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hey MamaBear, keep the fate. We'll keep vigil with you.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hopefully all of this will make a difference this time. Just for good measure I did go ahead and mail it certified/return receipt so I'd know when they received it so I could start the second countdown.

MamaBear
I think I've heard somebody say they submitted with certified mail and never got the receipt back.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I'm not happy about this.

A police officer is the one who took my finger prints and none of it was blurred or smudged or creased or anything. I've already been finger printed before for my real estate license so it's not like I'm not on record anywhere.

Did I mention I'm not happy?

They cashed my check on July 25th. Now I have to wait to get this letter go somewhere and get finger printed *again* (and pay for it *again*) then drive to a post office to mail it *again* then start the waiting game all over *again*:mad:. And I don't even care that the previous sentence was a run-on sentence. I'm not happy about this.

I'm one grumpy bear right now.

MamaBear,

Cheer up mama bear, 98 days and I to had a problem with my prints and had to do them over again. That was about 3 weeks ago. Went to the mail box today not expecting anything and lo and behold a personally sing card from charles bronson himself. WooHoo. It will come to you soon , I can feel it. Anyway it was a total of 98 days for me with redoing my fingerprints. Wish you the best.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cheer up mama bear, 98 days and I to had a problem with my prints and had to do them over again. That was about 3 weeks ago. Went to the mail box today not expecting anything and lo and behold a personally sing card from charles bronson himself. WooHoo.
Congrats!!!

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Congrats chevthunder454 :clap

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheer up mama bear, 98 days and I to had a problem with my prints and had to do them over again.
Congratulations on getting your license!

I think I've given up counting the days. It will get here when it gets here. But now that you mention it when you say 98 days when did you start counting? Are you counting weekends or just business days? Did you start counting the day you mailed it or when they cashed your check?

I'm going to have to figure out how to make my waiting story sound as miserable as possible. I think most here already feel sorry for me because of the way I've carried on and whined so much but I still have to make this look painful so when others have to wait we'll have a miserable comparison with my wait story and they won't feel so bad after all. :)

MamaBear

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations on getting your license!

I think I've given up counting the days. It will get here when it gets here. But now that you mention it when you say 98 days when did you start counting? Are you counting weekends or just business days? Did you start counting the day you mailed it or when they cashed your check?

I'm going to have to figure out how to make my waiting story sound as miserable as possible. I think most here already feel sorry for me because of the way I've carried on and whined so much but I still have to make this look painful so when others have to wait we'll have a miserable comparison with my wait story and they won't feel so bad after all. :)

MamaBear
I counted from the day they cashed my check till the day I recieved it. I counted everyday, not just buisness days. When I called after sending my prints a second time, I was told they were 2 1/2 months behind in just opening the mail and I wasn't even in the system with the new prints yet. I was advised to call after the 2 1/2 months was up. I still had 7 weeks to go yet, So what I am saying is it may be here sooner than anticipated. I also "quit the waiting" and kept my mind off it as much as possible and the time pasted much quicker

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I think I've heard somebody say they submitted with certified mail and never got the receipt back.
That was my husband and I both. We got our licenses but still haven't got the receipts. We did keep the reciepts from the post office and got our money back at least.
Hang in there. You'll get it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow. Such horror stories here.

(Indiana resident here). This was a few years back but after moving here from Alaska where I could just carry if I wanted to, I went to apply with Indiana and told that it could take up to 6 months to get it back in the mail. Imagine my shock! :thumbsdwn

Then lo' and behold, three weeks later it was in my mailbox. :thumsup

Perhaps it's the populaton difference between our two states, or that the FBI already had my prints on file from the Military. Who knows?

Hope it doesn't take TOO much longer for those of you who are still waiting.

Do they have lifetime permits in Florida, too?

-Wraith

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Heck guys, I had to go thru 4..yes thats right 4 different rejection letters..I wont go into specifics but it was more than a little frustrating..Of course each rejection took at least a month to get here..then the phone calls began..and the long distance bill I incurred was..lets say not cheap.. but perseverance was rewarded in the end...All matters in question were answered, documented and taken care of in a timely manner..and here we are now....Best advice I can I give...hang in there, it'll happen. It worth waiting for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts