Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CWP and I am interested in buying a Ruger LC9, but I would like to try one out first. Does anyone know of a place or have a Ruger LC9 available. I currently have a Sig 226 and would be open to trading guns at the range for a day.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked out Shoot Straight to see if any of their locations has one? I would suggest calling around to the ones in your area in Lakeland and Tampa, one of them might have one for rent.

I have shot a friend's LC9 and it is a good CCW pistol. Very small and compact, and very good quality from Ruger. I have also owned other same size pistols like a Keltec PF9 and Taurus 709Slim. I would recommend it over any Keltec for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendation. I have actually called the Shoot Straights around and none of them have one for rent surprisingly.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
That's unfortunate. I'm assuming you have at least handled one in the store?

I think it is a very good compact CCW pistol if that's what you're after. A few things to consider is that it has a thumb safety and magazine disconnect, and only one magazine with the gun. I don't know what your budget is, but if you can afford to spend a little more I highly suggest the M&P9 Shield also.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have one for sale.. used..great condition.. see my ad ..just posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts