Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
How much do we know about the passenger turd who made his getaway out the passenger side door?
Saw that, too and had the same question, but can't blame him for bailing; he likely had no idea the driver would go "bat-sheet crazy" and wanted to get as far away from that turd as possible! Seems like a reasonable decision to me. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Saw that, too and had the same question, but can't blame him for bailing; he likely had no idea the driver would go "bat-sheet crazy" and wanted to get as far away from that turd as possible! Seems like a reasonable decision to me. :unsure:
I read online (local news station websites) that the passenger is a minor, and returned to the scene later, and is now cooperating with authorities.

Not surprisingly, those same news stories have friends and family members gushing forth with accolades as to how great and lovable turd was.
One even suggesting the authorities had no right to shoot, and should have tried to disarm the man first.
His mother (who apparently speaks through an interpreter?? - how long has she been in this country?!!), said she wanted to see EVIDENCE that the officer had to shoot.
This, AFTER seeing the video.

Wow.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
I read online (local news station websites) that the passenger is a minor, and returned to the scene later, and is now cooperating with authorities.

Not surprisingly, those same news stories have friends and family members gushing forth with accolades as to how great and lovable turd was.
One even suggesting the authorities had no right to shoot, and should have tried to disarm the man first.
His mother (who apparently speaks through an interpreter?? - how long has she been in this country?!!), said she wanted to see EVIDENCE that the officer had to shoot.
This, AFTER seeing the video.

Wow.
That's all the "proof" she needs or deserves. She should have done a better job raising her child and if MY child did that, I would be extremely angry AT MY CHILD for bearing a firearm on an LEO that obviously was very professional and even courteous as he went about doing a difficult and dangerous job, made so because of TURDs like the driver! :mad:

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
That's all the "proof" she needs or deserves. She should done a better job raising her child and if MY child did that, I would be extremely angry AT MY CHILD for bearing a firearm on an LEO that obviously was very professional and even courteous as he went about doing a difficult and dangerous job, made so because of TURDs like the driver! :mad:
I started this thread a few moments ago, based on some having a hard time watching the turd succumbing slowly till he was cold forever.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Saw that. Although I agreed it's a bit "disturbing" to watch a video of the turd's lights going out, I wouldn't exactly say I had a "hard time with it" either. :unsure:
Some questions I have that haven't been answered anywhere I'm aware of yet

1. did he have a job
2. did he live at home
3. where did he get the gun
4. any former criminal record

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The only result that could have been better was he was paralyzed from the neck down and had to be put on a ventilator. That would give him a lot of time to think about the errors of his ways.…
Many years ago while working at my hosptial in Tampa I would occasionally get a call to install a special nurse call devise for a patient that couldn’t move anything except their head slightly and it would ring the nurses station. I think it was called a soft touch or no touch nurse call. We only installed it once or twice a year as it was for a neck down quadriplegic that couldn’t move anything except their head. I think it was placed under their chin so they could nod their head down and activate it. Very rare over the years. Well one year we had a guy that was a revolving door to our PCU unit. That’s a step down unit from ICU. I had to install this devise several times that year for this guy when he’d come in. After doing this several times and seeing him come back and back I asked one of the nurses what’s up with this guy? He was a very large African American young male that was “alleged” to be a local drug dealer that ended up getting shot in a drug deal gone bad and the bullet hit his spine making him a quadriplegic for life. Early 20’s. On a ventilator and couldn’t move anything from the neck down but was conscience and could only look at you when you were in the room. Couldn’t talk as the ventilator tube was in his throat and unable to speak.

I used to look at this guy and say to myself, man you made a terrible life choice that day. No idea of the particulars or of his criminal history but that kid got the ultimate ”prison” sentence that day for the rest of his life. No time off for good behavior. No possibility of parole. Just unable to move from the neck down till the day he dies. I could think of no worse a prison sentence. I’m sure he had the rest of his life to think about the errors of his ways.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Many years ago while working at my hosptial in Tampa I would occasionally get a call to install a special nurse call devise for a patient that couldn’t move anything except their head slightly and it would ring the nurses station. I think it was called a soft touch or no touch nurse call. We only installed it once or twice a year as it was for a neck down quadriplegic that couldn’t move anything except their head. I think it was placed under their chin so they could nod their head down and activate it. Very rare over the years. Well one year we had a guy that was a revolving door to our PCU unit. That’s a step down unit from ICU. I had to install this devise several times that year for this guy when he’d come in. After doing this several times and seeing him come back and back I asked one of the nurses what’s up with this guy? He was a very large African American young male that was “alleged” to be a local drug dealer that ended up getting shot in a drug deal gone bad and the bullet hit his spine making him a quadriplegic for life. Early 20’s. On a ventilator and couldn’t move anything from the neck down but was conscience and could only look at you when you were in the room. Couldn’t talk as the ventilator tube was in his throat and unable to speak.

I used to look at this guy and say to myself, man you made a terrible life choice that day. No idea of the particulars or of his criminal history but that kid got the ultimate ”prison” sentence that day for the rest of his life. No time off for good behavior. No possibility of parole. Just unable to move from the neck down till the day he dies. I could think of no worse a prison sentence. I’m sure he had the rest of his life to think about the errors of his ways.
Bingo!!!!!! And this kid may not have had as long as that patient to consider his errant choices, but he suffered until the life ran out of him. Couldn't ask for a better ending to his pathetic life

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The next winner of the street temperature challenge! Props to the cop for his shooting ability under extreme duress AND for attempting CPR on someone who attempted to kill him!

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is an example of the desired incapacitation time I want if I have to defend myself.
Trooper got lucky, the turd gave up and crumbled. There's a retired dep sheriff in Tenn that made 5 heart shots on a turd at bad breath distance with his issued 357 mag revolver, turd then ran about 200 feet before he collapsed. There are NO guarantees for rapid incapacitation in any SD caliber.

There's a [ IIRC ] chicago officer that put over a dozen rounds on a turd during a gun battle [ 3 of those were determined later to be kill shots ] who didn't quit till the officer shot him in the head.

Lots of examples of SD calibers not putting people down without multiple shots COM.
I know, just saying it (quick incapacitation time) is desirable.

I did a thread with examples of people taking 5 hits and not being quickly incapacitated:
They may not run away or stop because they are shot.

One might conclude it prudent to carry a handgun with greater than 5-6 rounds capacity, but nooo.

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No way a defense of the kid but good people have made single terrible decisions in an instant as in this case.
He very well may have been a decent person until that moment when he ‘effed around and found out’. Probably not so but still possible.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
No way a defense of the kid but good people have made single terrible decisions in an instant as in this case.
He very well may have been a decent person until that moment when he ‘effed around and found out’. Probably not so but still possible.
And any terrible decision involving an attempt to take a life, let alone an leo's life doesn't get a pass. I made a few terrible decisions when I was young, but none involved trying to kill someone. And this from a kid who grew up with firearms which could have easily been acquired from uncles, grandfathers.

It wasn't just a terrible decision it was a fatal decision. And of course the brother is shocked he'd ever do something like that, he was such a nice quiet kid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
And any terrible decision involving an attempt to take a life, let alone an leo's life doesn't get a pass. I made a few terrible decisions when I was young, but none involved trying to kill someone. And this from a kid who grew up with firearms which could have easily been acquired from uncles, grandfathers.

It wasn't just a terrible decision it was a fatal decision. And of course the brother is shocked he'd ever do something like that, he was such a nice quiet kid. :rolleyes:
I wasnt trying trying to give him a pass. And FWIW the brother did say that but after seeing the video himself said it gave him clarity and couldn’t blame the officer for doing what he did.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Thats the one
As I recall; he now carries spare mags with a total reload count well north of 100 rounds of .45 acp, possibly as much as 160 rounds. I can’t recall the exact number any more; it’s been awhile.

He did carry spare mags back then; but I think he was close to running out when he finally made the head shot.

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
I wasnt trying trying to give him a pass. And FWIW the brother did say that but after seeing the video himself said it gave him clarity and couldn’t blame the officer for doing what he did.
I know you're not giving him a pass, but you feel sorry for his bad choices?

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I know you're not giving him a pass, but you feel sorry for his bad choices?
Yes. I feel sorry a young man made a stupid fatal decision. Do not know him, do not know the direction he was taking in his life either. He could have turned out to be a fine success. I haven’t seen anything regarding his career criminal past like we see many times. Haven’t seen anything even mentioning prior arrests either.
Does that negate the fact he won the prize he asked for? No it doesn’t. He tried twice to get his gun into play against the trooper, once when still seated and again when he jumped out on him. The end result was just and right. Him or the cop and I’m glad the cop was the one who survived unscathed. Still doesn’t change my feeling on a young wasted life.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Yes. I feel sorry a young man made a stupid fatal decision. Do not know him, do not know the direction he was taking in his life either. He could have turned out to be a fine success. I haven’t seen anything regarding his career criminal past like we see many times. Haven’t seen anything even mentioning prior arrests either.
Does that negate the fact he won the prize he asked for? No it doesn’t. He tried twice to get his gun into play against the trooper, once when still seated and again when he jumped out on him. The end result was just and right. Him or the cop and I’m glad the cop was the one who survived unscathed. Still doesn’t change my feeling on a young wasted life.
As you know, in a life and death encounter, you can die whether the defender or aggressor. I look at it like this. If he was a nice kid, he wouldn't have tried to shoot an leo. Nice kids don't do things like that. Far too many kids today watch what's happening in the news, seeing people attack others, sometimes killing them and either not being arrested or arrested and stupidly liberal courts let em off with a slap on the wrist. Their idea of what's right and wrong has skewered by the social unrest this country is experiencing. Thus, IMO, they are all to be considered as potentially dangerous as any other stereotyped BG

Still would like to hear how he obtained the pistol.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts