Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Thank's 45 freek for the heads up , I filled up both my vehicles and filled my gas cans with stabilised fuel just in case things tight .Just as I do for hurricane season but this year I was waiting for a named storm headed my way.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't feel bad, I was issued a warning (Time out with nose in corner) about posting a news item that directly does not have anything to do with firearms in the regular forum and not in the Boiler Room. Although the news subject dealt with "Gas Shortage" one could state that with such shortages and panic amoung population we could be at higher risk of safety by just pulling up to pumps and we should increase our vigilance and ensure that we are armed in case of unruly citizens.
I got a warning too,polite but still a warning. I then had to post my USAF Birthday thread in the boiler room.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I got a warning too,polite but still a warning. I then had to post my USAF Birthday thread in the boiler room.
We're going to have to start a club.:grin

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
There are hundreds if not thousands of sites where you can discuss politics to your heart's content. BUT like the NRA, FCC is a one political topic site. That topic is CC in Florida, and by extension 2A and guns in general. You want to talk other politics, PLEASE do go to another site that carers to your tastes. We really welcome you to do so. That said, IF you want to discuss the core topics of FCC, please by all means feel free to do so here.
This ^^^^^^^

This has nothing to do with "trigger warnings." Completely absurd to even suggest such a thing. If you want to read the political stuff it is dead simple to get to. This is supposed to be a forum for discussion of concealed carry issues. The fact that some think their personal political concerns are just so very, very interesting that they should be forced on everyone else, even when they are irrelevant to the core reason for this forum, is really kind of arrogant.

Like they're telling the college kids nowadays... Grow up and get over it!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I understand and partially support what they did and why they did it. The politics was beginning to get a bit much.

I know the mods and admins are working on a better solution and so make some of the boiler room posts appear in the New Posts list, but here are my $0.02.

The waters are somewhat muddied as to what kind of post goes where.

I've noticed there is now a GD in the boiler room, while the original GD and In The News is for Firearms and 2A issues only - overkill IMO. General firearms and 2A issues already had a place: Firearms Chat and Law & Order.

That said, some of the posts that were moved that would have been just fine in the old General Discussions IMO - Like Fish's Happy B-Day USAF, or 45Freak's Gas Shortage post as an example. Generic news or information that could be of interest or relevant to the community at large.

If you want to move all non firearms discussion to the boiler room, I would suggest the following.

Move GS and ITN to the boiler room, make it so new posts there appear in New Posts. Then clearly define when a post goes from 'news' to 'politics' I am personally on the fence about seeing new posts from the Politics forum, but other members have strong beliefs one way or the other.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I understand and partially support what they did and why they did it. The politics was beginning to get a bit much.

I know the mods and admins are working on a better solution and so make some of the boiler room posts appear in the New Posts list, but here are my $0.02.

The waters are somewhat muddied as to what kind of post goes where.

I've noticed there is now a GD in the boiler room, while the original GD and In The News is for Firearms and 2A issues only - overkill IMO. General firearms and 2A issues already had a place: Firearms Chat and Law & Order.

That said, some of the posts that were moved that would have been just fine in the old General Discussions IMO - Like Fish's Happy B-Day USAF, or 45Freak's Gas Shortage post as an example. Generic news or information that could be of interest or relevant to the community at large.

If you want to move all non firearms discussion to the boiler room, I would suggest the following.

Move GS and ITN to the boiler room, make it so new posts there appear in New Posts. Then clearly define when a post goes from 'news' to 'politics' I am personally on the fence about seeing new posts from the Politics forum, but other members have strong beliefs one way or the other.
The tech guys are working on the issues, but they say "it isn't going to be easy".... bear with us

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
...and then there's Tapatalk.

-on Tapatalk
The only way to deal with it in Tapatalk is to go to the Forums sections and view the subforums with the unread marker. I've not found any other way.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts