Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
My sincerest apologies boss. I was writing to the lurkers and using your post to do it. I'll refrain from doing so in the future.
No prob.
Hopefully any lurkers will also "get" that in an actual encounter, things are likely to go to **** quickly -- including any training.
It's hard to say. (Which is to say, I've seen some pretty stupid reactionary stuff in my time -- not firearms related.)

But on balance, training promises to give you an edge, and that could be all the difference !!

·
Registered
14,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I will say this again I will take abet with anyone. The best instructors in the world included. I will teach trigger reset with h anyone. You try it my way with me teaching you. My finger on your trigger. Versus you slapping the trigger and my way will beat yours 10 out of 10 times. Just put your money up.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I will say this again I will take abet with anyone. The best instructors in the world included. I will teach trigger reset with h anyone. You try it my way with me teaching you. My finger on your trigger. Versus you slapping the trigger and my way will beat yours 10 out of 10 times. Just put your money up.
The best instructors in the world? I admire your self-confidence.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
I automatically ride the reset. I don't slap the trigger when rapid firing.

I won't pretend to know who would win the contest between someone like Rob Leatham slapping the trigger and someone like you riding the reset.

And, I wouldn't enter any such contest myself. But, I've been riding the reset for decades, even with slow fire at the square range.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
57,051 Posts
The best instructors in the world? I admire your self-confidence.
One of the best instructors anywhere is Rob Leatham. He's running .15/.16 splits or 6 rds a second. He's a trigger slapper along with Enos. I've seen others getting those split times on occasion, but even the best trigger fingers will be hard pressed to match or beat that trigger speed.

On my best day, splits have been .19/.20. It would take another 300K rds to get to .15/.16 splits no matter how I run the trigger. Having no interest in getting to .15/.16 splits, I didn't train my educated trigger finger further than .19/.20's and averaging around .24/.25 splits with the occasional .20 splits [ rare indeed for my finger ].

Thankfully, I was able to educated my trigger finger to 4-5 a second without even thinking about trigger rest. All I had to do was shoot beyond my present capabilities [ at any given time ] to develop the proprioception in that finger along with it's twitch muscle/s ].

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
I've always ridden the reset as far as I know. The only time I was conscious of trigger reset during any of your courses I participated in was the very first one with my initial P229R; I had one instance early on of not getting a full mag dump when you said "fire." Later I realized that P229R didn't have an SRT installed, but I just adjusted my manipulation of the trigger and had no more issues. :unsure: However, when I got back to the DPRofMD, I did order Sig Sauer's SRT kit and had it installed. Now all three of my P229s have SRTs, but I think you'll agree that I usually performed quite well in most courses of fire and my split times were usually pretty decent. 🤠

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
My 229R in .40 didn’t originally have the STR on it either. After firing it a few times I bought and installed the STR and wow…what a difference that made. Definitely makes for running a faster trigger IMHO. (y)

·
Registered
57,051 Posts
The only time I was conscious of trigger reset during any of your courses I participated in was the very first one with my initial P229R; I had one instance early on of not getting a full mag dump when you said "fire." Later I realized that P229R didn't have an SRT installed, but I just adjusted my manipulation of the trigger and had no more issues. :unsure: However, when I got back to the DPRofMD, I did order Sig Sauer's SRT kit and had it installed. Now all three of my P229s have SRTs, but I think you'll agree that I usually performed quite well in most courses of fire and my split times were usually pretty decent. 🤠
You mean to tell me that you could adjust your trigger resets on the fly while being commanded to fire 3-4 rds a second on threat?

Two things stand out about that statement.

1. You have exceptional manual dexterity and an already educated trigger finger or
2. People don't need to concern themselves with trigger reset with any trigger, they need to shoot, and shoot some more always striving for 4-5 rds a second.

·
Registered
57,051 Posts
My 229R in .40 didn’t originally have the STR on it either. After firing it a few times I bought and installed the STR and wow…what a difference that made. Definitely makes for running a faster trigger IMHO. (y)
When I had Sig install the SRT in my 220 carry, I went from 4 to 5 rds a second. Took maybe two mags for my finger to "relearn" the changed shorter reset.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
What is an SRT?

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
You mean to tell me that you could adjust your trigger resets on the fly while being commanded to fire 3-4 rds a second on threat?

Two things stand out about that statement.

1. You have exceptional manual dexterity and an already educated trigger finger or
2. People don't need to concern themselves with trigger reset with any trigger, they need to shoot, and shoot some more always striving for 4-5 rds a second.
Not sure and I never really gave it much thought. I just started firing when the command to fire was issued for the number of rounds required by that course of fire as explained by the instructor! 🤠

·
Registered
57,051 Posts
Not sure and I never really gave it much thought. I just started firing when the command to fire was issued for the number of rounds required by that course of fire as explained by the instructor! 🤠
My point exactly, it doesn't require much thought. It only requires one to have an educated trigger finger. You operate that Da/Sa trigger like a boss. (y)

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I've always ridden the reset as far as I know. The only time I was conscious of trigger reset during any of your courses I participated in was the very first one with my initial P229R; I had one instance early on of not getting a full mag dump when you said "fire." Later I realized that P229R didn't have an SRT installed, but I just adjusted my manipulation of the trigger and had no more issues. :unsure: However, when I got back to the DPRofMD, I did order Sig Sauer's SRT kit and had it installed. Now all three of my P229s have SRTs, but I think you'll agree that I usually performed quite well in most courses of fire and my split times were usually pretty decent. 🤠
Hell yes you shot fast!
And if anything couldn’t keep up; oh well!

Footwear Shoe Trousers Shorts Sneakers

Brownie had you wrapped tighter than Dick’s hatband that day…. 👍👍👍

·
Super Moderator
32,243 Posts
Hell yes you shot fast!
And if anything couldn’t keep up; oh well!

View attachment 77624

Brownie had you wrapped tighter than Dick’s hatband that day…. 👍👍👍
🤠 He said that guy was gonna kill me RFN. . . FIRE!!! I wasn't letting an old cover shirt stop me from gettin' that somebeach first! 🤣

41 - 60 of 76 Posts