Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend for a trigger guard for a S & W 380 Bodyguard for pocket carry ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not ?

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
#1. I want the fastest draw possible and I don’t feel that a trigger guard will allow that for my personal preference. A good pocket holster that stays put while drawing would be quicker to get the gun into action (my opinion).

B. If for some reason your support hand/arm is injured, you can draw and shoot out of a pocket holster one handed. Somehow You will need to pull the trigger guard off before you can engage the threat and how would you do that one handed?

#3. I just don’t care for trigger guard thingies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Caleb for the explanation

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's a good pocket holster ?

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Don’t carry a gun in your pocket

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
#1. I want the fastest draw possible and I don’t feel that a trigger guard will allow that for my personal preference. A good pocket holster that stays put while drawing would be quicker to get the gun into action (my opinion).

B. If for some reason your support hand/arm is injured, you can draw and shoot out of a pocket holster one handed. Somehow You will need to pull the trigger guard off before you can engage the threat and how would you do that one handed?

#3. I just don’t care for trigger guard thingies.

^^^ All the above, first.

Don’t carry a gun in your pocket
^^^ This second. With the caveat being unless it was a BUG or maybe a THUG (is that a third gun? :unsure: )

Although I do admit there are rare exceptions I pocket carry as a primary but I don’t care for it personally.

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
^^^ All the above, first.

^^^ This second. With the caveat being unless it was a BUG or maybe a THUG (is that a third gun? :unsure: )

Although I do admit there are rare exceptions I pocket carry as a primary but I don’t care for it personally.
More negligent shootings with this Carey method than any other type of carry.

Reactions: Caleb and joecarry

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
I found one at a gun show for 5$ a long time ago, I rarely use it. Mine fell out of the "box" yesterday, I had not seen it in a few years I was looking for my ankle J-frame holster.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
What's a good pocket holster ?
I’ve used those neoprene holsters (you can find them at your local gun stores) in the past and they did the job just fine or spend some more cash and get a leather one specifically made for your gun.

I don’t pocket carry at all anymore as today’s slim single stacks disappear on the hip in an IWB leather holster (which makes for a much faster and safer draw).

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never pocket carry before, but I have a situation where I have to wear a tucked in shirt and what to try a different carry than on my ankle. Normally OWB Panther. Are there other options to carry when wearing a tucked in shirt ?

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
You can use an IWB crossbreed holster or similar type and tuck the shirt in over it. There are also J hooks you can buy that don’t show the two clips that hook onto you pants as much which end up being the only thing exposed to see. Not perfect but can be doable with a small gun like a CM9 or something of that size. I’ve done it before. Not ideal and in order to draw you have to pull your shirt out first so it is not a quick process... In that regard, pocket carry is much faster to get your gun on target....but it is an option.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
DeSantis Nemesis or DeSantis SuperFly (sticky).
Also the Remora sticky holsters work well in the pocket.

I've used all the above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What would you guys recommend for a trigger guard for a S & W 380 Bodyguard for pocket carry ?
Why would you want a trigger guard for that model? You don't have to worry about accidentally pulling the trigger, unless you panic and squeeze too hard while pulling it out from your pocket. It doesn't have a safety because the trigger action is like an old, hammerless .38, with a long pull and substantial pressure.

·
Super Moderator
26,553 Posts
Why would you want a trigger guard for that model? You don't have to worry about accidentally pulling the trigger, unless you panic and squeeze too hard while pulling it out from your pocket. It doesn't have a safety because the trigger action is like an old, hammerless .38, with a long pull and substantial pressure.
🍿

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
A proper pocket holster serves two purposes, to cover the trigger/trigger guard, and to keep the pistol in the proper and same orientation. I do not recommend pocket carry, but I have done it from time to time. Check you time with a shot timer, it will add 2 maybe 3 seconds, even when wearing loose pants. And of course don’t shoot yourselve. And NEVER put anything other than the holstered pistol in that pocket. Always holster the pistol, then place in your pocket.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts