·
Super Moderator
27,083 Posts
^^^^
This!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
A gentleman let me shoot a couple of full autos at a public range in Ocala about 99 - 2001.
I saw him keeping his .45 acp brass I don't remember what he was shooting at that moment so I started collecting mine and passing it on to him. He was thankful.
Some time passed we kept shooting chatting a little, the gentleman goes to his car and comes back with a M1 garand, tommy gun and a smile.
He didn't say a word then dumped a magazine out of the tommy gun and the range went quiet.
We all shot some more time passed, then the gentleman asked if I wanted to run some of the full power rounds (he reloaded his own with light loads) I had through his thompson submachine gun I SMILED BIG and opened my bag and was out of ammo, pushed the flat out of my 45 acp box on the bench and had 5 or 6 rounds left (now had my dog just died look on my face)
We talked a little about the thompson he's showing me the ins and outs lays it on the bench with a full box mag and gives me the go ahead BIG SMILE IS BACK went something like 3 round burst 2 round 4, 5, 2, more than 5 then run till done.
Gentleman: Did you like that?
Me: Yes!
He's now pushing a clip into the M1 standing on my right side showing me him chambering a round.
Gentleman: it's loaded, keep it down range this is the safety off, this is the safety on, make sure you hold it to your shoulder, here you go.
Me: BIG SMILE again
3 round burst, 2 rounds then run till done. click CHING (i thought I broke the thing) sorry laying it on the bench.
Gentleman: **** eating grin with a little chuckle.

We spent a little more time talking about full autos, rules, regs and what not, thanked him profusely and parted ways.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Can someone tell me, are Transferable Machine Guns legal to purchase in Florida???
As others have said, yes, they are legal in Florida. Last I knew the most "economical" fully transferable you could get was the SWD M11/9mm SMGs. Last I knew they went for about $3,500. No idea what they are going for these days but I'm sure it's more than that.

On the topic does anybody know what happened to the old NFA ads at Subguns.com? Looks like the whole place has changed there.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Cheaper to take lessons from Jerry Miculek. Geoff Who notes if other competitors get him to say his name backwards, he disappears into the dimension of magic for 90 days.

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
As others have said, yes, they are legal in Florida. Last I knew the most "economical" fully transferable you could get was the SWD M11/9mm SMGs. Last I knew they went for about $3,500. No idea what they are going for these days but I'm sure it's more than that.

On the topic does anybody know what happened to the old NFA ads at Subguns.com? Looks like the whole place has changed there.
M11/10s are going for over $10k now on sturmgewehr.com
I see some Ruger AC556s for not much more. And they are a much more useable gun.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Yeah, prices have gone way up.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Yeah, prices have gone way up.
When I bought my first SWD M11/9mm SMGs, they were new in box (well, really new in styrofoam container) for $279 each. This was maybe around 1995. No, there aren't any missing digits there. I bought two and sold one and still have that gun. Can you imagine buying a fully transferable machinegun for $279? Crazy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if you need to protect your property, maybe a store front, 10k may be a cheap investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts