Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the "Town Hall". The moderator is basically hammering on him as hard as she can, constantly interrupting, and trying as hard as she can to make him look bad, and yet she fails. He keeps answering the question, pointing out the hypocrisy, and holding his own.

I suspect that, contrary to what NBC obviously hoped for, this is going to win him MORE votes, not less. And once again, as it keeps happening over and over, the more they try to tear him down, the better he comes out of it.

Honestly, it is amazing to me that they have not yet figured out that if they would just shut up, they would be better off. Every time they try to attack him, it works in HIS favor, instead of theirs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I saw the last half. There was a black chick sitting behind him nodding her head at everything he said.
Trump was animated and he was on fire. He took questions from all sides and held off Guthrie with ease.

I switched briefly to the Biden Town Hall. Sleepy Joe is not just a nickname. He was practically whispering. In the 2 minutes I watched, he fielded a softball question, lied several times, dodged two questions and mischaracterized Judge Barretts testimony. I am thinking more people watched Barrett's hearing live than were watching him tonight and saw him as the lying politician he is.

George Stephanopolous asked about packing the court and Biden said something like I want to stay focused so I don't want people asking what I will do if I become president. I told my wife isn't that exactly what he is supposed to be doing?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Watching the "Town Hall". The moderator is basically hammering on him as hard as she can, constantly interrupting, and trying as hard as she can to make him look bad, and yet she fails. He keeps answering the question, pointing out the hypocrisy, and holding his own.

I suspect that, contrary to what NBC obviously hoped for, this is going to win him MORE votes, not less. And once again, as it keeps happening over and over, the more they try to tear him down, the better he comes out of it.

Honestly, it is amazing to me that they have not yet figured out that if they would just shut up, they would be better off. Every time they try to attack him, it works in HIS favor, instead of theirs.
Amazing what a little Kool-Aid can do:)

:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So now you are going to accuse me of "drinking the kool-aid" again. Is that it? And how long until you, once again, deny that you have done that? It really does get kind of tiresome. But I guess if you don't have any ACTUAL criticism, then you fall back on that sort of thing.

If you had watched just one minute of each town hall meeting, you would have seen how Stephanopoulos was pandering to Joe, and how Guthrie was hammering at The Donald. Flipping back and forth, the difference in how the candidates were being treated was just stunning.

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I think you guys are right it was a matter of moderator selection. Guthrie is a trial lawyer and former litigator, they are used to pinning people down if they don’t answer or try to change the subject or argue. George Stephanopoulos is a news guy and sort of a “politician lite” He did throw quite a few softballs.

It would’ve certainly been more fair to have had the same type of person on each that would insist on an answer like Guthrie.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I believe what Fish was referring to was Trump interrupting Biden during the first debate. And how he thinks the moderator interrupting Trump is the same thing. So he used a Jim Jones cult reference to insinuate that to believe otherwise is mindless obedience to a demigod.
Kind of flawed logic, but typical of the TDS afflicted.

·
Registered
11,447 Posts

The other day I characterized this ability of Trump's as a "black belt in political Aikido." He takes their attack and energy, and redirects it to throw them off, and he emerges victorious. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Coops, I gotcha. Someone with some litigation experience could possibly get a real answer from these politicians.“ What is your state of mind right now regarding packing the court?”

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I see the double-standard/hypocrisy is still strong with the Fish. SHOCKER! (n)
AA and Kool-Aid Anonymous both have the same primary rule.......One must acknowledge your illness before the cure can start.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
I think you guys are right it was a matter of moderator selection. Guthrie is a trial lawyer and former litigator, they are used to pinning people down if they don’t answer or try to change the subject or argue. George Stephanopoulos is a news guy and sort of a “politician lite” He did throw quite a few softballs.

It would’ve certainly been more fair to have had the same type of person on each that would insist on an answer like Guthrie.
It was neither of their jobs to make it about them and the candidate. The questions in a Town Hall are supposed to be originated by the crowd of constituents. It is not for the moderator to pick a side.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
We agree then, Bob. My thought was that, in fairness, If you had the same type moderator for each Townhall, they might’ve actually got some legitimate answers from both candidates.

Both sides tend to slip in a ringer when they can.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
We agree then, Bob. My thought was that, in fairness, If you had the same type moderator for each Townhall, they might’ve actually got some legitimate answers from both candidates.

Both sides tend to slip in a ringer when they can.
I would agree but tell me the last time they had a conservative moderator? Never in 2016. And obviously not now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts