Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I just bought another 500 rounds of Winchester Ranger T 147g.

That’s my preferred sr round

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
The way all of the thugs seem to be using armor clothing, Ya really need a bullet that can Penetrate the armor.
Ronnie

·
Registered
56,816 Posts
The way all of the thugs seem to be using armor clothing, Ya really need a bullet that can Penetrate the armor.
Ronnie
Ya need a good shooter to make head shots. Very few BG's are wearing vests, and if I run into one of them on the street who needs to be put down, failure to stop training will have me going to head shots automatically after just a few rounds.

·
Registered
56,816 Posts
Body armor? Break the hip girdle and make the head less mobile.
Geoff
Who notes this assumes a level of power.
Problem with shooting them in the girdle is, they are still capable of throwing lead your way even as they may have been immobilized.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sticking with the stuff I already have a lifetime supply of, CorBon and Golden Saber +Ps, both in 9mm and .45acp.

·
Registered
56,816 Posts
Shock effect might allow that. Best to blow chunks out with a shotgun.
Geoff
Who carries something lighter.
Never agreed with the pelvic shot on failure to stop drills. I want them to stop shooting at me, not fall down and still be able to do so. Hence the training I received at HK in two swat courses, and running the National Tactical Invitational in Pa. one year where the steel in the Teddy tactical 3d targets was set for COM or head shots. Any shot not in either location would just pass through and still be a failure to knock Teddy over

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Never agreed with the pelvic shot on failure to stop drills. I want them to stop shooting at me, not fall down and still be able to do so. Hence the training I received at HK in two swat courses, and running the National Tactical Invitational in Pa. one year where the steel in the Teddy tactical 3d targets was set for COM or head shots. Any shot not in either location would just pass through and still be a failure to knock Teddy over
If someone isn’t dropping; I’m taking head shots. If they’re not a long way off; I probably already have…

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If someone isn’t dropping; I’m taking head shots. If they’re not a long was off; I probably already have…
Of course this can explain the large number of shots fired in close interpersonal exchanges. (Which writer used that line "Close interpersonal exchanges" in the old gun rags of the 70's ?)

Geoff
Whose Drill Sergeant said, "Shoot and keep on shooting until the bastard is down and stays down!"

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Of course this can explain the large number of shots fired in close interpersonal exchanges. (Which writer used that line "Close interpersonal exchanges" in the old gun rags of the 70's ?)

Geoff
Whose Drill Sergeant said, "Shoot and keep on shooting until the bastard is down and stays down!"
Not really.
I’ve trained for years to take head shots only when ”non-threats” are involved.
It works fine…

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
Like our Government and experts tells you.
"CALL A MENTAL PROFESSIONAL"
Then you don't have to worry where to place a bullet.
OR
Shoot them in the leg like Puppet Boy Biden suggests.
OR***
Shoot them with a 9MM and blow their lung clean out of their body.
OR**
Find the Teflon coated "COP KILLER" bullets that go through any armor vest.
AND***
If any of this does not work, GET A RESTRAINING ORDER.

BUT***
The best you can do is practice, Practice & Practice some more with the gun you carry and do not hesitate if you need to use it.
Ronnie

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
56,816 Posts
Not really.
I’ve trained for years to take head shots only when ”non-threats” are involved.
It works fine…
Running the racks of plates for years [ they are 8-10" steel and nearly identical to a human head in size ] at 33 feet, head shots aren't all that difficult to make at that and closer distances as I'm sure you're aware Rick.

All it takes is practicing to keep ALL your shots inside that 8-10" grouping when practicing at a range.

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
I have a laser on my Kimber that will do a head shot size target at 40 feet very easy.
I just can't hesitate pulling the trigger as soon as the red dot is on the place I want it to be on.
Both eyes open and no hesitation is the key for using a laser.
It still takes practice,
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts