Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so proud of my country. Today we actually got a lesson in why the Constitution is so important. Here is a fact.
We have 3 branches of government for a reason. Today you learned why.
A one sided House can not overturn 200 yrs of our Republic.
Here is the lesson for the Schiffs, Nadler and Pelosi’s of this world.
It’s simple our forefathers knew there would be a situation just like this.
The House has sole power of impeachment. But with that power comes responsibility to not be partisan hacks. They need to investigate, call witnesses and subpoena evidence. They need to put a case together that is bipartisan.
If the executive branch claims executive privilege as they have the right. The House can contest that EP to the Supreme Court to force the Executive Branch to comply with their subpoenas. Expediency is not in the Constitution.
Once the House has their case completely ready. They bring the charge to the House floor. If impeachment is warranted, they take their case to the Senate.
The Senate has the sole power for the trial. They get to decide if the impeached is guilty or not guilty. Their job is not to do the job of the House and continue the investigation.
Juries do not call witnesses.
Regardless of what you think of Trump. Our 200 plus yr Constitution worked exactly as it was meant to.
Our founding fathers were geniuses.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
:thumsup

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
I am in complete agreement. Partisan impeachment and politics is not healthy. The House set the precedent in their treatment during their time and with their votes of what to allow and not allow. It’s sad they did what they did but I also understand the tactical play. They knew up front they could not win so they relied on a strategy which would pass off responsibility to the Senate where they could make an argument using their state run media owners to make it appear the senate is corrupt. They knew going in that they had nothing so figured they if they could play this right they may take the senate in next election. They are not that stupid. They stay up all night, countless hours playing out scenarios and probabilities.

I pray our citizens are savvy enough to see through this sham. No matter how people feel about the president he was denied a fair trial and due process in the House. Ultimately the Senate decided turnabout was fair play and that they would not let the House dictate procedure in the senate when they gave no concessions (which house democrats knew and expected)

I honestly do pray for our country, I feel our politicians and the media have failed us and done us a disservice, but at the same time that the democrats set a dirty plate on the table so they could ask for a free meal.

Let’s be vigilant. Let’s I discuss with others not from a point of political affiliation with others but from the point of fairness and equity under our laws and Constitution. Let’s teach and be reasonable. My main message to political persons on the left is that they should vote to reject this divisiveness to restore the Democrat party to what it was as many on the left tried to do during the tea party movement. Reject extremism in order to have them produce candidates that COULD be viable to both parties again.

We need to be Americans first. We must not forget what makes America stand apart from other nations and governments. It’s good that we don’t want to be part of their new world order. We are, after all, Rebels.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Yup, yup, yup.

The dems are acting like petulant children not getting their way.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I am so proud of my country. Today we actually got a lesson in why the Constitution is so important. Here is a fact.
The House has sole power of impeachment. But with that power comes responsibility to not be partisan hacks. They need to investigate, call witnesses and subpoena evidence. They need to put a case together that is bipartisan.
If the executive branch claims executive privilege as they have the right. The House can contest that EP to the Supreme Court to force the Executive Branch to comply with their subpoenas. Expediency is not in the Constitution.
Once the House has their case completely ready. They bring the charge to the House floor. If impeachment is warranted, they take their case to the Senate.
The Senate has the sole power for the trial. They get to decide if the impeached is guilty or not guilty. Their job is not to do the job of the House and continue the investigation.
Regardless of what you think of Trump. Our 200 plus yr Constitution worked exactly as it was meant to.
That bipartisan part did not happen in the house.
It may have appeared to have happened in the news for the easily lead.
But the house hearing was a one sided rushed, railroad job.

No number of words no matter how eloquently written or spoken will change that piece of history.

Trump 2020

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well said, Gator.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes, it worked out in this case, but flip just two or three senate seats and the outcome is different.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Did I miss something, is Trump in the clear?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
When I stopped watching last night. The Senate had some votes, One I saw using a bunch of witnesses was voted down, next vote sounds like Bolton will get subpoenaed and used. May have had another vote, I had dinner.
The Senate will start talking again Monday morning and Tuesday then a final senate vote on Wednesday. Possibly. It still can change. :aarg

I could be very wrong :dunno

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
The Democrats, to a man in the House, have broken Congress. The Senate Democrats and two Rinos who “bought” the farce, attempted to prolong the charade to effect the upcoming elections. Let’s hope they have in the opposite direction of their intentions.

A new law for impeachment, including penalties for this type of sham, needs to be passed. That OR Congress and our system of government is forever broken. Now is the time to prosecute the offending liars by any legal means available and to hell with how CNN reports it!:mad:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Looks like it worked as intended. :thumsup

·
Registered
880 Posts
Did I miss something, is Trump in the clear?
Not yet technically. The vote shot down additional witnesses 51-49. Final vote is Wednesday. I think the only reason it is not today or last night is so that Senators, who had to sit on their hands for a week on penalty of imprisonment, need to have their 15 minutes in the spotlight and bloviate on why they are voting yes or no.

On the House subpoenaing Bolton. He has said he will not testify in the House and that he would sue. So they will have to take him to court. After that, if he loses, Trump can exert actual executive privilege. Since Bolton was Nat Sec Advisor he would definitely fall under that umbrella. Then they can take that to court and lose and by then its election day and they can continue to say Trump's acquittal was bogus and he is still obstructing.
Hopefully by this time next year, McCarthy is speaker, Nunes is Intel chair and they censure Nadler and Schiff after an investigation. I'd like to see Schiff tried for treason but that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Romney will gets his for this move.......Utah needs to find another republican to take his place next election........

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Bolton is window dressing. He's had many opportunities after this so-called "order" from Trump to make his displeasure know about it. Instead, he goes all over TV saying the call was cordial, everything's fine, we got this, etc. Now when he sees an opportunity to cash in on his book and generate a lot of sensation with it, he jumps right in. He knew it was most likely he'd never be called to testify, so what does it hurt him to run around saying he's willing to? If his information was so astounding he wouldn't wait for a congressional inquiry, he'd just sell it (as he appears to be doing).

How many of his media fan boys are telling you that Bolton was one of the loudest voices assuring everyone that massive stockpiles of WMDs were in Iraq? Turns out Bolton's information wasn't exactly on par with what was found.

As to Romney, no surprise there. He's still ticked because he went grovelling to the WH for a job early in the Trump administration and left without any offers. Earlier this week a Rep. in the Utah State legislature introduced a bill that would allow citizens to vote to have a recall election - something they cannot now do. That's because of Romney. They hoped he'd be more like previous, traditional Utah politicians but though he may have Mormanism in common with them, he's not part of their politics.

Romney does whatever serves Romney best and nothing more. He's like a guy who, instead of sizing up a fishing pond, picking a spot and testing his luck, he's going to walk all around the perimeter looking for other people fishing so he can find out where the bites are, then he'll fish right next to them. He is a follower, not a leader, and that's why he can't articulate any kind of "vision" or "direction" on his own - because he has none. It's why he changes course when polls change, and why he's unreliable in terms of principles. He'll sell them out in a minute if he feels it will gain him an inch somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Just a wild guess. Bolton's testimony will side with Trump, the DNC's jaws are going to hit the floor.
His book will sell twice as much.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Just a wild guess. Bolton's testimony will side with Trump, the DNC's jaws are going to hit the floor.
His book will sell twice as much.
I've been thinking the same thing. Trump is much smarter than he gets credit for and he knows that the Dems will uplift ANYONE who criticizes Trump and demonize ANYONE who supports him. Remember Romney in 2012? We was the worst racist, sexist bigot on the planet and now he's practically the toast of the Dems and they love him. Remember John McCain? Same thing. From demon to patriot just by criticizing Trump.

The Dems have been turning Bolton into a super patriot with unquestionable integrity. Imagine watching them shift gears and destroy him when he doesn't say what they want. It's very Orwellian but it's how they operate.

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Very interesting ,Bob.
I wonder,however,if you would have posted the same had there been a Democratic President impeached by a Republican House and then not convicted by a Democratic senate.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Very interesting ,Bob.
I wonder,however,if you would have posted the same had there been a Democratic President impeached by a Republican House and then not convicted by a Democratic senate.
I had to go back and reread the original post. Maybe you are seeing a different version. I saw the PROCESS being described. nothing more. No mention of either party, credibility etc. The closet thing someone could find if digging and miss interpreting might be here.

again describing the process only. Amazing how it parallels the common man version where the District Attorney decides if the presented evidence is sufficient to go to trial and win. If so then the jury makes a decision based upon the evidence presented by the DA all under the guidance of a judge

1 - 20 of 44 Posts