Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
56,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You've come out of a convenience store with packages just after dark [ you are armed with your whatever you normally carry daily for hardware ]. Upon exiting the store you look in the general vicinity of your vehicle and see no one near.

You approach your vehicle, all the while keeping vigilant with situational awareness. You start to unlock your vehicle when you sense someone is behind you.

As you quickly turn to see what it may be, a man who was crouched, hiding behind the car beside yours, is standing 3 feet from your right shoulder with a large butcher knife held at waist level in front of him and demands your wallet. You are between your vehicle and another parked vehicle.

What do you do?

·
Super Moderator
10,921 Posts
I'm not sure what I'd do, but one of our members was in that situation. He threw a bag of hamburgers in the guy's face and then proceeded to beat the : censored out of him.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Well, I'm alone so I'd toss my bag at his face and show him why I was a track star.
Other than that, I got noth'in.
Definitely a very scary scenario.
Can't wait to hear other answers?

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I'm not sure what I'd do, but one of our members was in that situation. He threw a bag of hamburgers in the guy's face and then proceeded to beat the : censored out of him.
That would be Super Man, but we call him S***t. He doesn't want to be known as Super Man and he's in disguise and doesn't want anyone to know who he is. Super Man only shows up in a crisis.
I'm happy to call him Super Man and just keep his secret.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a good idea what to do , but what happens can never truly be planed out now can it . So i would do what i have some training in ,and have been practicing since it was taught to me .If I thought i could disarm him i would other wise the knife come out and use the Wall of edge and then proceed from there if the need rose to that level after using the wall of edge.
that's what i would be ready to do

·
Registered
133 Posts
another good reason to wear a hat. no seriously, toss the hat,or packages at the assailant's face/head, create distance (between myself and the threat), draw H&K USPf 45, DEMAND compliance. call authorities.
note: if compliance fails, send multiple 230gr Golden Sabre hollow points to upper thorax..call authorities then attorney

·
Registered
278 Posts
Option 1:
Quickly Sizing The Person Up And Realizing That He Is A Physical Steroid Monster, I Would Throw The Packages In His Face And Back Off, Creating At Least 10 Feet Of Space To Draw My Weapon And Fire While Being Out Of His Knife Range.

Option 2:
I Don't Feel Confident That I Can Make Enough Space Between Us To Draw My Weapon While Being Out Of His Knife Range.

Throw The Packages In His Face, Attack And Destroy. There Wouldn't Be Enough Room Between Two Cars To Execute A Standing Outside Wrist Throw And I Don't Feel 100% Confident In Going After His Elbow From An Outside Wrist Hold Without Having Room To Transition Back To A Wrist Throw If He Extends His Arm.

I Would Probably Use The Distraction Of Throwing The Packages At Him As An Opportunity To Gain Control Of His Weapon Hand And Would Take Him To The Ground And Stop The Threat.

I Am 35 Years Old And Only 155 Pounds. I Know That The Athelete I Was At 30, Would Kick My A... Today In A Five Minute Exhibition On The Matt. However, My Mind Is Still Developing After My Body Has Recently Began To Age. I Believe That I Would Do Things On The Street Today That I Wouldn't Have Thought Of Doing When I Was Younger. I Would Avoid Going Hands On With An Attacker Weilding A Knife If At All Possible, But I Have To Go Home To Take Care Of My Kids At The End Of The Day And I'll Be Damned If Some Guy With A Knife Is Going To Snuff My Life Without Getting The Fight Of A Lifetime.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am hoping since I was credited with being aware I only missed one guy...

If guy is to my right and car is parked next to me, does that allow me to make a quick side step left pulling my car door between him and me and that same door will now reach max open right hopefully about as it impacts other car forming a barrier to slow attacker and give me enough time/room to draw with my left? (I am and do carry lefty) could have a bad visualization of the scenario. But on my initial picture my door makes a great obstacle as I go to my left to open to draw.

Unless I can get the door between us 3 feet is way too close to draw otherwise.

Of course that 24 pack of cans I needed bad enough to pull me out after dark could also be used to deflect said weapon and hopefully allow me the initiative to start pounding and not stop until the threat is immobile. If I did miss another I am likely S.O.L. but if I can keep on my feet and keep moving I have a shot against a possible accomplice.

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Is that before or after you tactically soil yourself?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
How bout

Excuse me sir..nice blade ya have there, is that Damascus steel?..Tell ya what, I'll give a $100 for it right now or trade ya (drawing weapon) for this .45 cal 1911??:smack

Alright, I quit..carry on folks..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Use some 'tactical chatter' to keep him temporarily off guard, ("ok, just a minute, my wallets in my back pocket"), throw groceries in his face, run around the car to keep it between he and I, and draw my weapon. Alternative would be to chatter, throw groceries, run like hell, call 911 from a safe distance if not followed. If followed, draw weapon.

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Ok..From 3 feet away there is not a whole lot of response time. Especially considering a large butcher knife is in play..Point of knife is probably within 2 feet of my body..My car has remote door key so I have already unlocked my door. Seeing that he is to my right and I suppose in front of me, I begin to talk to him, tell him I'll comply, hit the panic button on my remote, pull the door open between us, step back and draw my weapon. Next move is up to him...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I love these senarios. It gets us thinking!!

·
Banned
4,530 Posts
:aargScream like a little girl and run like a track star?:popcorn
:rolf

Can't scream like a little girl and the knees are too bad to run............. so I got little choice............

In a calm voice I tell Mr. Scumbag that he can have all my money and plead for him not to hurt me as I explain my wallet is in my left rear pocket and in an exaggerated motion show him that I'm getting my wallet to give to him. As I show my empty left hand and turn my left hip towards him to retrieve my wallet (putting my right side out of his line of sight) my right hand is proceeding to draw my 1911. As my left hand extracts my wallet I flip the wallet at Mr. Scumbag and proceed to present and fire while backing away from Mr. Scumbag. Shoot to slide lock, reload and access.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Some of you guys wear extra large underwear. I got larger pants for my gun, you for another reason.
Why would you run and then turn and draw? If you can get away, why would you turn to engage?
If we're alone, aren't we just after our safety?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I don't know what to post here because whatever I do post will get thrashed from one end of this forum to the other, just like most of these kinds of scenario responses end up.:thumbsdwn

·
Registered
56,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:rolf

Can't scream like a little girl and the knees are too bad to run............. so I got little choice............

In a calm voice I tell Mr. Scumbag that he can have all my money and plead for him not to hurt me as I explain my wallet is in my left rear pocket and in an exaggerated motion show him that I'm getting my wallet to give to him. As I show my empty left hand and turn my left hip towards him to retrieve my wallet (putting my right side out of his line of sight) my right hand is proceeding to draw my 1911. As my left hand extracts my wallet I flip the wallet at Mr. Scumbag and proceed to present and fire while backing away from Mr. Scumbag. Shoot to slide lock, reload and access.
:D :drinks

1 - 20 of 125 Posts