Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick any venue, someone has pulled a gun on you at bad breath distance. You're armed with your normal EDC.

Will you draw against the drop [ someone has the drop on you ]

Will you attempt a disarm?

Will you wait to see if there's an opening to draw and fire your own EDC?

Will you try to create a distraction and draw your EDC?

Stand there frozen in time, not willing to move for fear of being shot?

What other options might you have that aren't listed above?

Registered
I've watched this video over and over. Pretty sure I can do it now. 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your answer would be draw against the drop. Will this be the first time you've tried it when the scenario happens to you? :oops:

Registered
So your answer would be draw against the drop. Will this be the first time you've tried it when the scenario happens to you? :oops:
I've done it in my head dozens of times while watching this video clip! ;) Nobody's taking my briefcase!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done it in my head dozens of times while watching this video clip! ;) Nobody's taking my briefcase!
Gee, I kinda wanted people to actually think about what THEY might be able to do, or would do. I didn't put this in the humor section. Visualizing scenarios is a proven way to help the brain resolve conflict [ runs scenarios ] before it happens [ forethought ].

Watching does help develop a sense of what might be possible, with the proper training, it's quite possible.

Registered
Not worried. My wife will protect me. 馃槑

Seriously, from that close the disarm or disable would be easier than drawing against a gun already pointed at you. At the least try to 鈥榗ontrol鈥 their gun, getting off muzzle and drawing your own? Kinda hard to answer as every situation can have variables and be fluid.

Registered
Take control of the BG鈥檚 gun to either remove it from him, or control him/it long enough to bring your EDC to bear on him as you shoot him frequently, multiple times.

If you take the BG鈥檚 gun away; don鈥檛 shoot him with it. That鈥檚 considered bad form鈥

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e practiced disarms against some of the fastest hands I鈥檝e met. You just need to get the gun off line and control it. Hold the cylinder of the revolver and it can鈥檛 fire. Hold the slide of the semi and it can鈥檛 fire more than one shot.

Once you have control, the free hand pulls its weapon and ends the assault.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I鈥檝e practiced disarms against some of the fastest hands I鈥檝e met. You just need to get the gun off line and control it. Hold the cylinder of the revolver and it can鈥檛 fire. Hold the slide of the semi and it can鈥檛 fire more than one shot.

Once you have control, the free hand pulls its weapon and ends the assault.
I believe you could pull that off, you've built the confidence in practice with some pretty fast people. You know it's not even going to be close, just get to work, applying what you know and have practiced.

You understand action beats reaction. Once someone understands and trusts that, everything is possible.

Administrator
Pick any venue, someone has pulled a gun on you at bad breath distance. You're armed with your normal EDC.

It's door number three in your options offered for me. . . I'll try and distract and look for an opening. . . .Denny Crane style! 馃

Registered
If it's within reach they are handing it to you...that's my mantra...I am not counting on a free hand for a draw in a disarm...I would rather beat them to death or shoot them with their own gun...I also don't believe that merely deflecting the gun and putting a couple in them is going to eliminate them returning fire as they fall back...life isn't a tom cruise movie...

Registered

Off the top of my head, came. This and that bolded
If instant action on my part did not happen.
Get a feeling as the moment progresses, the take action safety has been moved to the go position. That falls under wait for opening.
I do not foresee compliance on my part.

Circling back to post #4
It was a great day of fishing outside of Ponce inlet, regular bottom fish grouper, snapper, black seabass. Then on to trolling couple kings a few dolphin and an unexpected sail hook up (my 1st at boat side) get a good hook, hand rod to my buddies son and the battle is on, fish tailwalks, jump, turns pulls. Kids having a blast.
At the time no one on board has had a billfish boatside.
I'll take care of this (isaytomyself), wrap up the leader and grab the bill, some thrashing and let it go, re line wrap, get the bill again and hold on for round 2 boatside.
Fish calmed, took the pliers out, dehooked fish. Brought it's body back to vertical position dorsal fin up laying boat side in the water as we idled along.
Majestic creature swims away.

Boat and fish are cleaned, we are drinking our beers and the wife asked. How the heck did you know how to do that with the bill fish. My answer. I saw it done on TV, ezpz.
Apparently the thrashing, splashing, wrestling show was more spectacular than what I saw face to face with the fish.

Registered
This situation is exactly why I only draw with the scoop draw. I NEVER even try drawing with 2 hands. Always want have the option of having one hand for a defensive move while being able to use firearm with other hand. Have practiced this draw thousands of times since I first saw it 5 years ago. Thanks Brownie !

Registered
Gee, I kinda wanted people to actually think about what THEY might be able to do, or would do. I didn't put this in the humor section. Visualizing scenarios is a proven way to help the brain resolve conflict [ runs scenarios ] before it happens [ forethought ].

Watching does help develop a sense of what might be possible, with the proper training, it's quite possible.
No matter where you go, there you are, instant clown show, minus the humor.

Premium Member
Very easy to answer this question,
Or*

Maybe faint after pooping my pants
馃榿

Premium Member
I am sure you can believe what you think you will do but it is not always so easy to do without the proper ""TRAINING"" and much """PRACTICE'''.
Brownie can probably take the gun and beat the thug with it but how many of use have that ability ?
I don't think a whole lot of us that were not trained by someone like Brownie could do it.
Anyone can think about what they would do, But that does not mean you will be able to do it.
I do love these scenarios and I do like the way they get you thinking about what you would like to do, But when things happen, they are unexpected and happen in a flash.
My answer in #17 was spot on and with a (((MORE THE LIKLEY)))) drug infested piece of garbage having a gun 3 feet from your head, You will be the same as most of us unless you are properly trained in what to do.

I suggest to people to not think what you would like to do but to get training and practice on what you need to do.
Not only shooting , but self defense technics and combat training like Brownie offers.

I know for a fact that if I was not so screwed up with cancer and all of my health problems, I would have a class by Brownie on disarming a thug.

Mike in #18, You may be the type I am talking about.
I have seen a lot of really tough guys cry like babies in some really bad situations and I do not consider them cowardly at all.

Ronnie

Registered
What about an AR-style rifle at 3 feet? Like this:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts