Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
Glad to hear the above Rick, Mrs. Edgehill has always made Quick Kill look as easy as it is. I know she takes to the QK pistol like a duck to water from previous courses. Congrats again to everyone, the RO's and Rick, keeping the skills alive, one student at a time. :thumsup
She said she should get a special award for the QuickKill shot (on paper just outside the $10 spot because she can’t really shoot sighted because of how her dyslexia works in confusing directions.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Not sure a different grip would fix the problem. The G19’s grip is actually bigger than my P320c, and I don’t get the double feeds and failure to eject on the Glock. How would a different grip module fix that?
Didn’t know that was the problem. Sounds like a lemon issue dump it

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Sounds like the extractor has a problem

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
My last Threat Focused/QK class was almost three years ago. I'd been trying to get to a class for a while, as I needed a refresher. My QK was off at first, but with a few on-point suggestions from EBL, and a few mags downrange, I think I got zeroed in. :thumsup The multiple target exercises, which forced us to reload, were great. Looking forward to more of that. EBL hinted at some interesting stuff for November. Hopefully my work schedule will cooperate.

Many thanks to EBL, Shooter and Steve. It was a great day.

I really enjoyed seeing some great people again. It had been a while (too long!).

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
My last Threat Focused/QK class was almost three years ago. I'd been trying to get to a class for a while, as I needed a refresher. My QK was off at first, but with a few on-point suggestions from EBL, and a few mags downrange, I think I got zeroed in. :thumsup The multiple target exercises, which forced us to reload, were great. Looking forward to more of that. EBL hinted at some interesting stuff for November. Hopefully my work schedule will cooperate.

Many thanks to EBL, Shooter and Steve. It was great day.

I really enjoyed seeing some great people again. It had been a while (too long!).
Dude, did you grow a beard? :)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yep. Its a Hurricane Irma beard. Didn't shave for a couple of weeks after that, and then just got lazy.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
:thumsup

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
LittleGator, outstanding. Most hit more accurate with Quick Kill Pistol? Excellent, distance?
Thanks Brownie. I am fortunate and had the benefit of one heck of a teacher sir.

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Sounds like y’all had a great day (of course)!

Was this one all alumni, or were there some newbies to the skills?

I just wish it wasn’t so dang far away from here!
That's what was going through my mind on the three different weekend drives down from the DPRofMD for brownie's TF/QK courses three years in a row (2014-2016). :grin

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Was this one all alumni, or were there some newbies to the skills?
My son, Daniel, was there for the first time. I thought he did very well and made some real progress. I didn't hurt that he had virtual one on one instruction with ebl for most of the day, which would improve anyone's shooting (sure worked for me)! It was a great day. Weather was superb, course was great, there were a few new wrinkles to stretch the mind. All in all a great and instructional day of shooting.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Great job everyone, sounds like a huge success (that was a given tho). It sucks I missed this one but, I’ll be sure to make the next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
That was me checking the Smith 45 out for the first time in between shoots.....I got the Apex sear yesterday. Should be in and working by next saturday’s Shoot.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts