Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Use of Threat Focus and Quick Kill ™ is with the expressed consent of Robin “Brownie” Brown.

To attend this class you must have first completed a Threat Focus I class conducted by myself or a previous Threat Focus class conducted by Brownie. If you have any questions about this, please contact me.

Where: http://www.okshooting.com/
Okeechobee Shooting Sports
7055 NE 48th St.
Okeechobee, FL 34972

If you have not been there before you can save time by signing into their system online at: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/569667edd1326/web/

When: Saturday, November 2, 2019

Cost: $250.00 plus $20.00 range fee

Times: 10am-5pm
Be at the range by 9:15AM to sign in at the office. We will then go to the Bay and gear up.

Requirements: Eye and ear protection; up to 800-1000 rounds of ammo if you shoot a high cap pistol or up to 600-800 rounds for single stack firearms; as many mags/speed loaders as you have; a belt, holster and an open mind.

Course description of skills covered:
1. Range and Gun Safety
2. Threat Focus I review
3. In Quartata
4. Quick Kill Hip: multiple threats from the hip
5. Quick Kill: two handed
6. Quick Kill vs Sighted Shooting Challenge
8. Quick Kill vs Sighted Shooting on Multiple Targets
7. Hiding behind a wall of bullets in-line

Special Note for this class: I would strongly suggest that you bring a pistol that has a magazine capacity of at least 10 rounds or more for this class and have at least 5 magazines (more is better) for the pistol. Mag Carriers will prove a big benefit. It will benefit you to learn the skills this way. You can then transfer the skills to a smaller carry gun afterward.

A well made strong side holster (OWB is preferred) and sturdy belt will be required for this course. Use of an IWB holster must be approved by the instructor. We will be drawing from the holster 90% of the time all weekend. A holster will allow the students be able to re-holster an unloaded firearm and be safe once off the firing line while reloading mags/speed loaders without having to handle the firearm until returning to the line. No BH Serpa holsters on the range that weekend.

These skills are reactionary in nature, similar to having to draw from the holster out on the streets if one needs to defend themselves. I understand some may use a cross draw holster, or fanny pack, or perhaps pocket carry presently, but once students have completed the course, I believe they'll find the benefit of a good strong side outside or inside the waistband holster with their future carry requirements.

Kydex or leather is acceptable. I use both in classes and either will suffice equally with the skills covered.

Any questions about the course, the materials listed we'll cover, etc don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to meeting everyone.

First 20 get a slot and we’ll take alternates if we run over on this one.

1. Caleb
2. Caleb +1
3. Edgehill
4. Mrs. Edgehill
5. Arthurdent
6. Warrior Princess
7. Mr Ed
8. Artemis
9. Barbie
10. Jackie
11. Jackie +1 (Donald)
12. Jackie +2 (Landon)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
If I qualify, count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I qualify, count me in.

Yes you do......and so does the young lady that outshot you in the last class you attended....:rofl

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
EBL, the three title says "Dec 2nd" but down in the OP, you say "When: Saturday, November 2, 2019" and I'm guessing since Dec 2nd is a Monday, the thread title has the wrong month.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EBL, the three title says "Dec 2nd" but down in the OP, you say "When: Saturday, November 2, 2019" and I'm guessing since Dec 2nd is a Monday, the thread title has the wrong month.
Thank you for seeing my error....can you please fix the title to read November 2nd. ebl

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
BeerHunter should be there to RSO this one! :dancingbanana :pistols

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Yes you do......and so does the young lady that outshot you in the last class you attended....:rofl
Thank you Sir but, you didn’t have to rub my face in it again!!!! Lmao....

Actually, put me down for two (I’m sure she will want to attend). Thanks.

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
I want to make this one. I can't commit (that far in advance) at this moment. So, I guess I'll have to wait it out a bit.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Aaaggghhh why are all November classes on my wedding anniversary!!!!
So you miss one..... I won’t hear the screaming from my house. Lol... Hope you can make it bro.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aaaggghhh why are all November classes on my wedding anniversary!!!!
Bring your bride and make it a stop on your weekend getaway.....Hampton Inn right down the road.....but we wont tell her we know you....ebl

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Side Note......The range campground may be open by that time.....The building for restrooms and showers is almost complete.....I will keep everyone apprised as I get more info...ebl

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Ok....

I am confirmed for myself and my better half.

See you all in November!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts