Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
opportunity for quality training is knocking but it seems COVIC-19 has people too comfortable in their recliners watching the Tele. to get up and and open the door and to breath again.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I think Caleb was referring in the weeks prior to EBL's course a couple of years ago, he had a source for bulk 115gr 9mm ammo. However, I see EBL already answered that source isn't available this time. Completely understandable. (y)
This^^^^ But thanks Rick, I’ll forward your links to them and hope they can acquire the ammo needed. They really want this training but just don’t have the ammo (newer shooters, not complete noobs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
3 Deposits received, I have already paid for range....I need deposits by February 10th or I am cancelling.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
3 Deposits received, I have already paid for range....I need deposits by February 10th or I am cancelling.
I have a couple (husband & wife) from work that are interested, but they are Green. I’ve never shot with them so don’t know how much knowledge they have about fun safety. How do you feel about them taking the class?

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
opportunity for quality training is knocking but it seems COVIC-19 has people too comfortable in their recliners watching the Tele. to get up and and open the door and to breath again.
I’ve worked every day and never taken one off. Been in the office the whole time.
Would love a tune up but the pew pews have already been mentioned. I have them to shoot but could not afford to replace them. If I’m off I may pop out just for a visit with friends👍

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Caleb......you know how the class goes......As long as they are safe, have the proper equipment and can operate their firearm......they are good. The rest is what they can learn in the class. I believe you were green once too....but it didn't take you too long at all to get it.

7.62Kolectr, you are always welcome, come see us, bring your son too.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I would think a 500 round count would be a good number for a one day class with no mags dumps. Another option is a taurus 22 type pistol.......

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I would think a 500 round count would be a good number for a one day class with no mags dumps. Another option is a taurus 22 type pistol.......
500 rounds is a fair amount of shooting.
A few folks have been shooting .22’s at IDPA practice lately, and we were in the past, until the great .22 ammo shortage.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What’s the minimum class size needed to make it a go, ebl?
I will say 10, but I need a solid committed number with deposits in the next few weeks. It will be the last time for anyone new to even qualify for the November class with Brownie.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Caleb......you know how the class goes......As long as they are safe, have the proper equipment and can operate their firearm......they are good. The rest is what they can learn in the class. I believe you were green once too....but it didn't take you too long at all to get it.

7.62Kolectr, you are always welcome, come see us, bring your son too.
Yes Sir, just double checking. I will speak with him today and see if he has all the proper gear. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So far, We have 4 participants with deposits........we have 3 very experienced RSOs and me (a somewhat whatever) .....

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I won’t be able to make this one fellas, just not in the cards right now.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I had 3000 rounds back ordered from sportsmansguide at 8.00 a box supossed to be delivered early feb and they delayed delivery.....so that ends the 2 peeps i had in mind to take the class.......bummer.....even 40 cal is out

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I had 3000 rounds back ordered from sportsmansguide at 8.00 a box supossed to be delivered early feb and they delayed delivery.....so that ends the 2 peeps i had in mind to take the class.......bummer.....even 40 cal is out
I hope they don’t pull a CTD!

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I’ll get a firm commitment tonight for one to attend, and will post with a guarantee as soon as I get the commitment.

It’ll probably require that I let go of some of my ammo stash, and we’ll probably be flying down to the class in his plane rather than staying overnight.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
So far they have honored their commitments....
I hope they don’t pull a CTD!

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
EBL; Bob’s committed to taking the March class, so I’m guaranteeing the $200.00 tuition for him. Even if he dies in a plance crash or some such, the $$ will be paid. If you want the payment early, let me know. Otherwise, We’ll pay you that morning at the range.

Speaking of flying, unless the weather’s just too bad to fly his plane; what’re the chances of someone picking us up at, and taking us back to, the Okeeechobee airport that day?

Man, I sure hope we can make it to 10 participants!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts