Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is.....Non fundable deposits are due now. Please send me a PM for details to mail deposits. I hope to see new friends and ole friends soon.

Where: Okeechobee Shooting Sports – Florida's Best Outdoor Range
Okeechobee Shooting Sports
7055 NE 48th St.
Okeechobee, FL 34972

If you have not been there before you can save time by signing into their system online at: Be sure to complete your smart waiver ahead of time!

When: Saturday, March 6, 2020

Cost:
$200.00 plus $20.00 range fee

Times: 10am-5pm
Be at the range by 9:30AM to sign in at the office. We will then go to the Bay and gear up.

Requirements: Eye and ear protection; up to 600 rounds of ammo if you shoot a high cap pistol or up to 400 rounds for single stack firearms; as many mags/speed loaders as you have; a belt, holster and an open mind.

Course description of skills covered:
1. Range and Gun Safety
2. WW2 ½ hip-Elbow Up/Elbow Down: [EU/ED]
3. WW2 ¾ hip-hand/eye coordination with and without movement
4. WW2 Point Shoulder
5. Zipper
6. Using skills on multiple threats
7. EU/ED with movement

A well made strong side holster and sturdy belt will be required for this course. Use of an IWB holster must be approved by the instructor. We will be drawing from the holster 90% of the time all weekend. A holster will allow the students be able to re-holster an unloaded firearm and be safe once off the firing line while reloading mags/speed loaders without having to handle the firearm until returning to the line. No BH Serpa holsters on the range that weekend.

These skills are reactionary in nature, similar to having to draw from the holster out on the streets if one needs to defend themselves. I understand some may use a cross draw holster, or fanny pack, or perhaps pocket carry presently, but once students have completed the course, I believe they'll find the benefit of a good strong side outside or inside the waistband holster with their future carry requirements.

Kydex or leather is acceptable. I use both in classes and either will suffice equally with the skills covered.

Any questions about the course, the materials listed we'll cover, etc don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to meeting new and prior students.

·
Super Moderator
6,123 Posts
I’ll see if I can get a number on my extras.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Let me see if I can get a few to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
RO’ing (y)........i might have someone who can come..........working on him

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
RO’ing (y)........i might have someone who can come..........working on him
Yeah, we're gettin' the band back together, cuz I'm RO'ing, too! (y)🤠

Reactions: shooter4

·
Registered
8,322 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Ricky PM your cell so I can send u an updated RO cert

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far, only I deposit received......They are due to make this a go......

·
Registered
412 Posts
I responded in the other thread that I was in, but some things have come up and I can no longer make it.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
I suppose ammo supply could be a problem for some.

That said; I hope those interested get their deposits in, as no one without previous Threat Focused training will be able to participate in the advanced alumni event in November.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Rick.... do you have access to bulk ammo again? I have a couple from work that’s interested but they don’t have enough ammo to be able to run the whole course.

·
Super Moderator
6,123 Posts
I have ammo for the class but several of my friends who wanted to join are having issues finding any.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Yes the ammo is the part that is stopping me. And the cost to obtain it at today’s prices. 😔

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Rick.... do you have access to bulk ammo again? I have a couple from work that’s interested but they don’t have enough ammo to be able to run the whole course.

Sorry Bro; I don’t, but, ebl’s is only a one day course. Even on Brownie’s two day “1500 round count” course; my acutal rounds fired shooting a hi-cap with 13 mags was 1000-1100 rounds over the two days.

Edit:

I just checked, and Freedom Munitions has 9mm in stock, even their 115 gr 9mm reman, at .68 per round. I believe it said their shipping time was 5-7 days.

I’ve used their reman in the past, and it was always good quality, with brass boxer-primed cases. Of course back then it was .20 per round with free shipping on every holiday and some weekends. First time buyers always got free shipping.

All in all; that’s probably not too bad these days.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Thinking back, my total costs for Brownie’s two day courses with tuition, ammo, hotel for two nights, and misc expenses were costing me around $1100.00. So the total cost for ebl’s one day course, even with the current high ammo prices, is going to be a lot less than that. Just food for thought...

And for what I got out of the classes; it was a bargain at $1100.00+. The skills new students will leave with are indeed life changing! If you don’t believe that; ask any alumnus...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In regards to bulk Ammo from me.....sorry, not available at this time.....per the current ammo supply problem, I have cut the round count for this class.... round count will reduced, but not the training.

·
Super Moderator
28,403 Posts
Sorry Bro; I don’t, but, ebl’s is only a one day course. Even on Brownie’s two day “1500 round count” course; my acutal rounds fired shooting a hi-cap with 13 mags was 1000-1100 rounds over the two days.

Edit:

I just checked, and Freedom Munitions has 9mm in stock, even their 115 gr 9mm reman, at .68 per round. I believe it said their shipping time was 5-7 days.

I’ve used their reman in the past, and it was always good quality, with brass boxer-primed cases. Of course back then it was .20 per round with free shipping on every holiday and some weekends. First time buyers always got free shipping.

All in all; that’s probably not too bad these days.
I think Caleb was referring in the weeks prior to EBL's course a couple of years ago, he had a source for bulk 115gr 9mm ammo. However, I see EBL already answered that source isn't available this time. Completely understandable. (y) 🤠

1 - 20 of 23 Posts