Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinion | It’s not the guns, it’s the ammunition

https://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-berler-ammunition-20191105-bmfxmme6qzhe3horcsnc7mbufy-story.html

Today, one can walk into a gun shop and purchase, for instance, a .22, .38 or .44-caliber handgun. Most firearms are built to accommodate one size round only. Here’s what would happen if the manufacture of today’s standard-size rounds were outlawed, and .21, .37, or .43-caliber rounds took their place: Eventually, gun owners would run out of the old ammo, and their weapons would become paperweights.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
What does that even mean???!! Is it an elementary school essay on “Why guns are bad”?

·
Registered
363 Posts
With an internet connection just about anyone can publish any idea or opinion no matter how silly it might be. Got to try and get that 15 minutes of fame.

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah...'cuz ammo manufacturers will be "all over" making ammo for non-existent guns.... making ammo BEFORE the guns that fire it exist... to "force" gun owners to buy new guns for the new ammo. What the actual ***k??

****ing brilliant, this guy is!

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
The mental midget that wrote this obviously does not know about reloading and is not aware that some of us have several thousand rounds of ammunition reserves. Oh, that and the proposal would be unconstitutional, as if that mattered.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I don't know...
I think I heard something even dumber on my drive into work.

NPR ran a short segment about how Mojave County, Arizona, by unanimous vote of the County's Board of Supervisors, declared the County to be a Second Amendment sanctuary.
See: https://www.azmirror.com/blog/mohave-county-declares-itself-a-second-amendment-sanctuary/
The NPR reporter went on to explain that it means the County won't authorize the use of any county funds, employees or other resources "for the purpose of enforcing laws that unconstitutionally infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms".

BUT THEN, NPR quoted the Giffords Law Center as claiming that 2A sanctuaries are bad, and as proof, offered that those 2A-friendly State and Counties which have passed non-binding "2A Sanctuary" resolutions have higher gun violence in the form of higher numbers of gun suicides.

THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO MENTION WHAT THE RATES OF GUN SUICIDES WERE IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS BEFORE THE 2A-FRIENDLY SANCTUARY RESOLUTIONS WERE PASSED!
It's just very carefully worded to make the average listener think there's a correlation.

Journalism is DEAD.

·
Registered
20,214 Posts
:rofl

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
Yeah...'cuz ammo manufacturers will be "all over" making ammo for non-existent guns.... making ammo BEFORE the guns that fire it exist... to "force" gun owners to buy new guns for the new ammo. What the actual ***k??

****ing brilliant, this guy is!
The author of that piece is depriving some village of its idiot! :doh

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
That's fine. I can cast bullets out of lead or machine them out of copper, brass, bronze, or maybe hardened steel.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
We can giggle about this "author" being an idiot by writing such illogical trash, but there is a lesson here. It is that the Progressive Left, like rust, never sleeps. They are continually attempting to move the ball toward their goal, and will accept any victory, no matter how small, or trivial.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
What does that even mean???!! Is it an elementary school essay on “Why guns are bad”?
Even your resident Liberal (and 2nd Amend supporter) says WTF does this mean?
And I know ALL the secret Liberal codes!:rofl

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
We can giggle about this "author" being an idiot by writing such illogical trash, but there is a lesson here. It is that the Progressive Left, like rust, never sleeps. They are continually attempting to move the ball toward their goal, and will accept any victory, no matter how small, or trivial.
I think they’re more like dog $hit; you can wipe it off your shoe, but the smell’s still there. : censored

·
Super Moderator
26,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts