Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,080 Posts
Of course Rick .. One thing to be shooting at paper , sitting still along with no gun to fire back ! It then becomes the moment of truth . There is absolutely no threat from a gun range .. Take that scenario into your home F to F !
That's exactly when you want to be practiced at threat focused shooting...

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
That's exactly when you want to be practiced at threat focused shooting...
Point well Taken my Friend ! As for me especially at my age , I will have to rely on whatever my response will be at that given time .. To reiterate , when that point in time does arrive , as I have seen it / them before .

This especially under 'real life stress circumstances' . Then also being the varied scenarios that may come into play , time and places considered ..

IMO No one can 'really know' what a person may do , especially at a F to F confrontation ..Just 🙏 that you are the first one to react ;) P.S. - I have just like you , likely experienced that situation Or with others at a prior time. :unsure:

·
Registered
21,080 Posts
Point well Taken my Friend ! As for me especially at my age , I will have to rely on whatever my response will be at that given time .. To reiterate , when that point in time does arrive , as I have seen it / them before .

This especially under 'real life stress circumstances' . Then also being the varied scenarios that may come into play , time and places considered ..

IMO No one can 'really know' what a person may do , especially at a F to F confrontation ..Just 🙏 that you are the first one to react ;) P.S. - I have just like you , likely experienced that situation Or with others at a prior time. :unsure:
Correct.. that's why "train as you fight...fight as you train"...

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Correct.. that's why "train as you fight...fight as you train"...
I understand your well taken point Rick . I think i can make myself just a bit clearer with my intent . Take our training in Basic , Ait and so forth . We trained and trained for about 8-9 months prior to leaving for overseas ..

Simulation in the states , is a far cry from the reality of combat. For instance panic , fear , uncertainty , notwithstanding an example like a chinese fire drill under live fire . Basically the majority of our training was all cold weather in Massachusetts , camp drum and in camp edwards in or near cape cod .

Unless you are talking about continued training back here in the states , later in life like right now or recently ..Possibly the training you receive from Brownie ? Then that would certainly clarify your above statement . I just want to be on the same page as you with time and place ..;) It's been a real long day today and thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts