Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Two old Masters discussing current affairs:

Geoff
Who is retired from competition.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Great discussion, thank you for posting. I particularly agree with a Ayoob’s position on these crazy Second Amendment audits. I was kind of multitasking as I listened to it but I found myself distracted wondering what Hackathorn would look like if he was wearing Ayoob’s toupee. Those are some great old timers for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Folks,

Two old Masters discussing current affairs:

Geoff
Who is retired from competition.
The fellow on the right side , Mr. Brownie use to shoot against & mostly won ! Excellent video and great information from those really in the know ! ;)(y)

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I know him too, gunner. I used him as an expert in a police shooting case years ago. He lives up in Live Oak now. He has sported a bad toupee for as long as I’ve known him.

·
Registered
55,434 Posts
I know him too, gunner. I used him as an expert in a police shooting case years ago. He lives up in Live Oak now. He has sported a bad toupee for as long as I’ve known him.
He was rocking his toupee in the early mid 80's when I was shooting against him in plate matches and the NE regional GSSF matches.

I don't like him. He's had a drinking problem since that time period and has been caught drinking just before entering matches on two occasions I'm aware of.

·
Registered
55,434 Posts
The fellow on the right side , Mr. Brownie use to shoot against & mostly won ! Excellent video and great information from those really in the know ! ;)(y)
I wouldn't say mostly won, but I beat him enough times over the years in plate matches with a stock 1911 milspec against his 2K race 1911. Enough so that he approached me about how I could shoot that fast with a little tiny nub front sight. I told him I sighted along the side of the slide. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

At the time, I wasn't training others nor did anyone know I was using the pistol Quick Kill skills I'd been trained in by Bobby Lamar "Lucky" McDaniel at Werbell's SIONICS counter terr training facility in Powder Springs, Ga.. Caught me by surprise asking me that question, first thing I could think of was my response. LOL

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Well, since we're name dropping and bragging, I know Mas too; met him when he used to shoot IDPA in Jacksonville. He even put me in one of his gun rags:

And I too beat him in a competition when I took High Overall Civilian in a GSSF match (beating everyone in the LE category in the process). I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Well it sure is a small world that we live in ! You couldn't have chosen a better person , except for maybe Mr. Brownie ! ;)(y)

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I wouldn't say mostly won, but I beat him enough times over the years in plate matches with a stock 1911 milspec against his 2K race 1911. Enough so that he approached me about how I could shoot that fast with a little tiny nub front sight. I told him I sighted along the side of the slide. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

At the time, I wasn't training others nor did anyone know I was using the pistol Quick Kill skills I'd been trained in by Bobby Lamar "Lucky" McDaniel at Werbell's SIONICS counter terr training facility in Powder Springs, Ga.. Caught me by surprise asking me that question, first thing I could think of was my response. LOL
What can i say , just another off the top response ! Yet another secret to your success of shooting by Slide Acquisiton ! I just learned yet One More Thing (y)

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I can't listen to him speak.
He gives me the creeps too. His voice is completely monotonous and I keep looking at his toupee which looks worse than ever. I would much rather have brownie on the stand in a trial his hair is nice and short and natural and does not present a distraction. I bet the guy even angers people at the drive-through at Wendy’s.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
he’s also very smart and articulate as we know, with some personality. He could be sitting in that chair and having a better conversation with Hackathorn…..

·
Registered
21,082 Posts

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
What can i say , just another off the top response ! Yet another secret to your success of shooting by Slide Acquisiton ! I just learned yet One More Thing (y)
Well; that was his off the cuff (misleading) response, so don’t hang your hat on that.
When shooting threat focused; one doesn’t look at the gun at all. No sights, no “along the slide,” nothing…

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Well; that was his off the cuff (misleading) response, so don’t hang your hat on that.
When shooting threat focused; one doesn’t look at the gun at all. No sights, no “along the slide,” nothing…
Of course Rick .. One thing to be shooting at paper , sitting still along with no gun to fire back ! It then becomes the moment of truth . There is absolutely no threat from a gun range .. Take that scenario into your home F to F !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts