Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post pictures from my cell phone momentarily but today I picked up a staccato C2. It’s very similar in size to the staccato P but it weighs about 9 ounces less with an aluminum frame.

The first picture will be the C2 by itself then I will post a perspective shot, starting at the top there is a staccato P in 45 ACP, then the C2, the single stack C model and a 9mm P with the custom grips.

The next shot shows the barrel length difference compared to the staccato P and the last photograph is a perspective shot showing the Wilson combat Beretta centurion 92, the staccato C2 and the smith Performance Center 1911 wearing its new VZ callous removing grips….ouch!

I’m off to the panther pit in the morning.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Congratulations! That’s a badass looking pistol. I have always liked STI…. I mean, Staccato .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whitish coloring on the bottom staccato P with the extreme shooters grip is remnants of skin.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m told the C2 doesn’t shoot as flat as the P model. If I find that to be true I’m going to ship it off to Magnaport.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
You do know your poaching right? 😜

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Great to see you today, Roger. Those pistols are amazing!!! Thanks for the great conversation...never realized we'd covered so much of the same ground!
S

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What a great experience to be allowed to step into the inner sanctum. You guys are a hell of a team, when you were making those custom holsters, you were as focused as a neurosurgeon. In fact probably more focused than some neurosurgeons I have known.

For those who don’t know, I drove to Jacksonville today and met with the dream team to have them make holsters for my staccato P, staccato C2, Dan Wesson ECP and Wilson Combat Beretta Centurian. Maybe I can stop buying stuff now.

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
What a great experience to be allowed to step into the inner sanctum. You guys are a hell of a team, when you were making those custom holsters, you were as focused as a neurosurgeon. In fact probably more focused than some neurosurgeons I have known.

For those who don’t know, I drove to Jacksonville today and met with the dream team to have them make holsters for my staccato P, staccato C2, Dan Wesson ECP and Wilson Combat Beretta Centurian. Maybe I can stop buying stuff now.
It was a pleasure to build for you...you saw it's not all moonlight and roses, as we try to make every rig work for each customer. You don't get that from the Big Boys.

Jim and I thank you for the opportunity!

·
Registered
16,899 Posts

unlike fight club that nobody can talk about you cannot talk about new holsters being made without PICS…😬

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shot the C and C2 yesterday for the first time. The C2 took a little getting used to, the blade on the front sight is skinny compared to the notch on the rear sight. With my eyes, I have a little problem focusing on the red ten ring with a red fiber optic front sight on a good day. After couple magazines of orientation, it ate the center out of the bull’s-eye. No problems whatsoever, nice reset, gets back on target quickly. With a couple hundred rounds and no issues, it’s going in the carry rotation

Now the single stack C model was a different story. First two rounds, just to left of x, on top of each other. Next round, stove pipe. Next round “click“, failure to extract. 50% failure rate. I took some photographs at the range. I emailed staccato with a description of the issue and pictures. Within an hour I had a return label for warranty. You would think that a higher end pistol like this would have no problems but, you can’t beat their response for customer service.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
What were your shooting in the compact? I found that my DW PMC-9 was only reliable with 124gr pills till it “broke in”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts