Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

Super Moderator
The scoop draw you taught me is my go to draw-stroke, practiced hundreds of times a week with a Laserlyte cartridge for dryfire practice around the house! 馃 I'm so grateful to know now what I didn't know then! ;)

Reactions: brownie

Registered
The mind is the limiting factor...

Super Moderator

Registered
BTTT for new members. I was just contacted by another member/student of mine who was arguing on another forum where uninformed supposed intelligent and trained people were arguing against the one handed draw stroke. He showed them the scoop draw video of mine and said all he heard was "crickets" from those who didn't know what they didn't know and the argument from those uninformed ceased.

One of the main reasons for starting the channel to begin with, to prove to those who don't know what they don't know that what they believe isn't possibly reliable enough to use actually is. :eek:
Crickets it was. It was an AIWB thread. Somebody posted an obvious pro-AIWB video in the thread and I started the ruckus by simply saying the man in video couldn't draw without using both hands and you never know when you may need one free while you鈥檙e drawing with the other. I got double crickets when one mr smarty pants asked me if a bad guy had my strong arm how was I gonna draw my gun? He could when carrying AIWB!!!. When my response was that yes I could draw owb with my weak hand by reaching around behind me as well as actually immediately gaining the correct grip on the gun unlike what would be a backward weak hand draw from AIWB he went radio silent 馃槵

Registered
Sir,
You referenced the scoop draw in another thread. I hadn't had the opportunity to watch the video nor had I seen it live.

I originally learned to draw from either OWB waste or upper outer thigh, both SHS.

When I transitioned to civilian and got my CCW, I went to a class to learn how to draw from concealed. What the gentlemen taught made no practical sense. Carry behind the waste (lots ofwasted hand back and forth), and a whole heck of a lot of up, down, up.

I went to a forward of the waste OWB carry, roughly at the belt where my hands hang naturally. I hook thumb and grab the gun on the way up. I practice draw before I leave the house and work it until I get three successful draws. Depending on what I'm wearing, the 'hook' changes.

It does tend to 'print'.

I'll have to work that transition you show from fingers to thumb. It looks much smother than thumb hook.

Thank you.

Super Moderator
Sir,
You referenced the scoop draw in another thread. I hadn't had the opportunity to watch the video nor had I seen it live.

I originally learned to draw from either OWB waste or upper outer thigh, both SHS.

When I transitioned to civilian and got my CCW, I went to a class to learn how to draw from concealed. What the gentlemen taught made no practical sense. Carry behind the waste (lots ofwasted hand back and forth), and a whole heck of a lot of up, down, up.

I went to a forward of the waste OWB carry, roughly at the belt where my hands hang naturally. I hook thumb and grab the gun on the way up. I practice draw before I leave the house and work it until I get three successful draws. Depending on what I'm wearing, the 'hook' changes.

It does tend to 'print'.

I'll have to work that transition you show from fingers to thumb. It looks much smother than thumb hook.

Thank you.
You've seen it, since that's the way I draw.

Super Moderator
You've seen it, since that's the way I draw.
Yup and not just you. Many of us do and did at the last TFP course in November. 馃

Registered
I learned and utilized the scoop draw for several years prior to physical changes necessitated moving my setup from 3:00 to 11:30. It's not really doable for me at 11:30, but I still advocate it for those who carry strong side. Easy to learn and practice, and quick.

Super Moderator
Yup and not just you. Many of us do and did at the last TFP course in November. 馃
Calimwulf just made the point that he didn't see it from concealed, which is correct. I didn't shoot from concealed at the last class.

Super Moderator
Calimwulf just made the point that he didn't see it from concealed, which is correct. I didn't shoot from concealed at the last class.
Yup, and meant no disrespect to Calimwulf. I use the same motion regardless of cover garment or not, but yeah, it's not as obvious when one is not drawing from cover.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts