Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
^^^^
Several factually incorrect statements made in that article, particularly components that are not ever a serialized receiver, ARE NOT firearms under the law, despite this author stating so. SCROOM!

Registered
I think a lot of the problem could be solved by said merchants chosing their Corporate identity/name a lot more carefully. Those who have "gun" "armory" "firearm" etc. etc. in their Corporate name cause a huge headache for us. Already, I've seen several transactions for buys on GunBroker with those words in the name that appears on the charge. If they coiuld call their businesses something a little less likely to attract attention. for example "M * M Outfiters" or "ABC Sporting goods." The banks then can't automatically assume it's guns or parts/ammo being purchased.

Either that, or have easier ways for us to pay cash from our checking accounts (Zelle, PopMoney, etc.).

Super Moderator
^^^^
Had exactly the same thought. 馃

Registered
I think a lot of the problem could be solved by said merchants chosing their Corporate identity/name a lot more carefully. Those who have "gun" "armory" "firearm" etc. etc. in their Corporate name cause a huge headache for us. Already, I've seen several transactions for buys on GunBroker with those words in the name that appears on the charge. If they coiuld call their businesses something a little less likely to attract attention. for example "M * M Outfiters" or "ABC Sporting goods." The banks then can't automatically assume it's guns or parts/ammo being purchased.

Either that, or have easier ways for us to pay cash from our checking accounts (Zelle, PopMoney, etc.).
that is completely understood...but just like we shouldnt have to deny the number of guns or amount of ammo we keep in stock publicly, they shouldnt have to use an alias to avoid being black listed by credit card companies...

Reactions: BeerHunter

Registered
that is completely understood...but just like we shouldn't have to deny the number of guns or amount of ammo we keep in stock publicly, they shouldn't have to use an alias to avoid being black listed by credit card companies...
I agree. Yet, still, they are being blacklisted. And buyers who buy from them risk scruitiny from the ATF when their charge records are subpoenaed.

What do we do?

Registered

Back when I owned a company that accepted credit cards, the card provider wanted to know what (and how) you sold so that could set your rates. And of course, if you falsified your reply, they would then have a basis to deny claims, and/or terminate the agreement, etc...

That said, a lot of people are indeed stupid, and easily duped.
I too would opt for a name that doesn't exactly describe firearm or accessory sales.

Registered
There is no way you are going to stop getting a percentage of a multi billion dollar industry.

Reactions: BeerHunter

Registered
Everyone here would feed the card to the shredder if the card company did that. No way they are taking that chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts