Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not including what you currently own, what do you think is the best gun for the money and why?

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I would have to say the Glock. The reason is the proven reliability. That's the reason why they have not changed the design by much all this time. There is no external safety to fumble with. You just pull the trigger and it will go bang just like a revolver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best Gun

I guess a lot of it depends on what your going to use it for carry or target hunting without a little more info its hard to say. Good Luck

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
+1 on the Glocks...also, S&W M&Ps can be had for pretty good deals and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Another vote for the simple, reliable, durable Glock. Reasonably priced new, even better priced used, and easy to repair or replace any parts down the road.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I've got an M&P 40c. Man what a pistol. The ergonomics is what has me convinced that my next one (pistol) will be an M&P as well. I've posted about a 45 on another thread. I think after going to the gun show last weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, that if I don't get the M&P 45c next, something may be wrong. Why? Well, the balance, ergonomics, and the way it points all seems natural. So much so that I've fogotten about getting another shotgun or rifle and have started to build my concealable pistol collection now.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess a lot of it depends on what your going to use it for carry or target hunting without a little more info its hard to say. Good Luck
Carry. I got a SA XD .40 right now that I'm happy with. I'm just curious what others would say.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Carry Gun

Hard to beat a Glock uglier then my x wife and as dependable as a junk yard dog. Got two looking at a third.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
uglier then my x wife

That just begs the question of "did she get ugly after you married her?" or was she ugly when you married her?:rolf

Brownie

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
better yet, how many drinks did it take? :laughing

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
This guy goes in this bar asked the bartender to line up 10 shot glasses of whiskey says fillem all up,he then takes a shot then looks in his pocket,repeats this 6-7 time bartender say im sorry to be so nosey but why do you take a shot then look in your pocket the man replies simple i keep a pic of my wife in there when she starts to look good i go home.:laughing

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got to be a Glock. Easy to work on, low cost, durable, reliable, cheap to work on....for the everyday gun, go Glock. For everything else get a nice 1911 or three....maybe four or five. Isn't that why they make very large gun safes?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh, by the way, I think I have seen your ex wife. I shaved my dogs ass and the image was strikingly close to your example. Does she have sideburns?

·
Registered
578 Posts
My money and life is on a Glock, every day!

·
Registered
60 Posts
@ Brownie

LOL

@ Carry

The big three named will not likely lead you astray.

Ergonomics of the XD and M&P IMHO are superior to the Glock.

However, I own the Glock for most of the reasons named above. Proven track record is a valuable thing.

Another less important but useful benefit of the Glock, is the likelyhood of a larger selection of aftermarket accessories.

Case in point, the Pierce finger extension that I have on my G26 has made my firing both more accurate and more comfortable. The Fobus ankle holster I use was $30.00 and easily located at a plethora of locations online and in brick and mortar shops.

The Glosk's grip is on the wider side whereas the M&P just melts into the palm of the hand. Likewise the XD is a bit easier to hold, but its center of gravity seems higher to me. Similar to a Sig in its design, which for me is just something I do not prefer.

The Smith M&P may win in the price department as they are eager to win market share away from the famous Glock brand while ,of course, fending off the competition from Springfield. Thus, the "Next best gun" may be a M&P.

All the best!

Konrad

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
S&W Sigma

I got a S&W 9mm Sigma with 2 16 round mags for $289. including shipping from Bud's. It's a whole lotta gun for that kind of money and about as reliable a pistol you will find. Born in the USA!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts