Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice, but that is more than 3x over the $50 mark. Not saying it isn't worth every penny, I'm sure it is.
The contractor George thought so. I don't drive a Yugo, I don't carry a Jennings and I don't wear a Timex. I don't carry a knife made of inferior steel either.
I think I understand what you're saying. However, I drive a Chevy cruze, carry an M&P Shield and wear a Fossil. I carry a Kershaw Blur made with s30v steel. None of the aforementioned could be classified as "premium," but nor could they be called "cheap."

My point for this post was simply to have a little fun. I found it funny that my friend doesn't want to spend more than $400 for his carry gun, but would spend almost as much on an EDC knife.

I've never been one to tell others what to do with their hard earned money. God bless you if you have the means and the desire for the finer things in life.

·
Registered
54,224 Posts
I think I understand what you're saying. However, I drive a Chevy cruze, carry an M&P Shield and wear a Fossil. I carry a Kershaw Blur made with s30v steel. None of the aforementioned could be classified as "premium," but nor could they be called "cheap."

My point for this post was simply to have a little fun. I found it funny that my friend doesn't want to spend more than $400 for his carry gun, but would spend almost as much on an EDC knife.

I've never been one to tell others what to do with their hard earned money. God bless you if you have the means and the desire for the finer things in life.
My most expensive knife cost 700.00 less than my most expensive handgun.

Ed Brown Kobra carry 3200.00 vs. Bagwell bowie 2500.00

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Trapper opted out of the bagwell

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Even my Covington cost more than the OP knife. When you get into custom knives, you're going to pay a premium. The Covington is several hundred dollars more than my EDC gun and twice what my wife paid for her EDC gun.
My Covington was fairly pricey also. :thumsup

·
Registered
54,224 Posts
In my world, a $150. knife is a beater, and I’m far from alone here...
:rofl Same here Rick, been that way when 150.00 was worth 225.00 or more today. Bought my first custom 500.00 Elishewitz folder in 94. In todays money that would have amounted to 800+ dollars.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
^^^^
:2thumsup

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Do a search for Covington, he has some nice pieces of artwork. Yes, why yes they cost big money!

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts
Do a search for Covington, he has some nice pieces of artwork. Yes, why yes they cost big money!
If you’re talking Greg Covington, there are several here that know him well.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts