Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Wow, great post and very eloquent writing from the author.
Some points for me, the officer should have used the shotgun first, especially if it had been loaded with slugs. I need a BUG. And the story does validate my carrying my gun with at least two spare mags, either 45+1 or 54+1 of 9mm (my 2 different pistols) or 40+1 of 40S&W.

Wow.. a lot of lessons to be learned from that read, much food for thought. Great post Brownie.

Meanwhile, Debbie, now shocked out of her stubbornness by the violence around her, crawled to a spot near the patrol car's right rear fender and stayed there. Now free from worry about the woman's well-being, Borders was able to focus completely on stopping his adversary.
I can't help but wonder why he didn't retrieve his shotgun at that point? But then again if this encounter was over in a minute that could explain why.

So you think you're 1911 or any other 45acp is a Thor's hammer? :eek:

BTTT
Nope, but it is still a great weapon. Regardless of my chosen EDC, I still adhere to the "Two is One and One is none" mindset and always carry two spare magazines. That's coupled with as much good training and subsequent practice as possible. 🤠

i can still remember the first time i read this and it is burned into my brain...i always think about the nearly severed foot and multiple rounds to the body not stopping the aggressor...a valuable lesson in the resilience of the human body and resolve to overcome adversity...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.