Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems as though the only caliber pistol I've never owned is a 10mm. And since all others I had were lost in the flood I might be looking. Other than Glock ( I hate them) what do y'all recommend?:popcorn

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I recommend you sit down and do nothing until the urge to go looking goes away.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I have an XD(M) 4.5 in 10mm. The capacity is 15+1.

It shoots and carries great, with never the first malfunction from the first shot fired.

I had Jim at Panther make both IWB and OWB holsters when I first got it.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
10mm is always a problem

10nn.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,581 Posts
Seems as though the only caliber pistol I've never owned is a 10mm. And since all others I had were lost in the flood I might be looking. Other than Glock ( I hate them) what do y'all recommend?:popcorn
I have a RIA 1911FS in 10mm, 8 round single stack Very Happy with it.

Did a thread on it here:

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?131501
Always wanted a 10mm since Crocket carried a Bren 10 to shoot back at BGs back in the '80s! :grin

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
OK. That's the best post of the year.

My tool box is ALWAYS missing the 10mm.

AD
They seem to run away all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Always wanted a 10mm since Crocket carried a Bren 10 to shoot back at BGs back in the '80s! :grin
Me too but not affordable to me at the prices they command anymore. Fortis was working on bring them back as an identical exterior to the originals. They bought the name and raven logo too but alas, the project fizzled out and they never finished. I heard some folks even put money down and got screwed. Not sure what the outcome was on them getting their money back.

I planned to buy the Vice edition as soon as it came out. :cry

Click —->here

·
Super Moderator
26,581 Posts
Me too but not affordable to me at the prices they command anymore. Fortis was working on bring them back as an identical exterior to the originals. They bought the name and raven logo too but alas, the project fizzled out and they never finished. I heard some folks even put money down and got screwed. Not sure what the outcome was on them getting their money back.

I planned to buy the Vice edition as soon as it came out. :cry

Click —->here
Not looking for a Been but a RIA 10mm like AFJuvat acquired is likely in the cards for me if they're still available when I identify the funds for one. :grin

·
Registered
15,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not looking for a Been but a RIA 10mm like AFJuvat acquired is likely in the cards for me if they're still available when I identify the funds for one. :grin
Open your wallet. Pull out a credit card. Voila, the funds have been identified..

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've shot the XD(m) 10mm 5.25 (but not owned one). Decent shooting pistol, if you don't mind the typical XD grip safety. The fiber optic front sight was nice. I also liked the 15+1 capacity and it handled the recoil quite well for a plastic gun. But at $600+ for the longer barrel version, I think I'd consider one used or look for a 4.5".

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got and old Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. Not a CC gun, this is big and heavy. Accurate and weight keeps the kick down some.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
^^^^ All 1911’s are suitable for carry pistols; even the full sized ones.

They’re slimmer than any double stack poly pistol, and the weight is a non-issue with a proper belt and holster.

I carry 1911’s all the time using just a tee shirt for a cover garment.

The prevalence of ads in the gun magazines for little self proclaimed “carry guns” in no way means they’re the best choice for carry, just as the endless “pretty picture” ads proclaiming that kimber 1911’s are the best, most reliable available; when nothing could be further from the truth.

As others have noted after seeing the shot that put down the murderer killing innocent people at their church; if your chosen carry gun isn’t capable of making such a shot; you need to make a better choice. If you’re not capable of making such a shot; you probably need to seek additional training. And; target practice isn’t training.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts