Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Yeah... I won't click (bait) unless I have an idea of the subject matter.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
It would help if you gave a hint what it was about. We are inundated with "watch this video" messages.... on forums... by email and private messages. If a person (including my friends and family) can't give me a ****ing HINT what a video is about, I simply cannot take the time to watch it. I'd be watching videos all day.

Give us a hint, and if it's interesting, then we'll watch. Otherwise... a worthless time suck... and worthless thread post.

· Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would help if you gave a hint what it was about. We are inundated with "watch this video" messages.... on forums... by email and private messages. If a person (including my friends and family) can't give me a ****ing HINT what a video is about, I simply cannot take the time to watch it. I'd be watching videos all day.

Give us a hint, and if it's interesting, then we'll watch. Otherwise... a worthless time suck... and worthless thread post.
Simple solution is don't watch and better yet just add my name to your ignore list and you won't see my posts.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mrfearz and Silliz

· Registered
8,428 Posts
I went ahead and watched it for y'all. His basic argument it that the Gun industry is constantly trying to "up-sell" you (I.e. You need this rifle, that rife, etc.). If you have a .308 then you need one that shoots 1000 yds and then you need ammo to handle that (i.e. 6.5 creedmor or .338 Lapua Magnum). He (videographer) says you only need "one" rifle. a 5.56. etc. etc. etc. And one set of accessories. One optic, One sling, etc. etc. And you can do everything you need to do with it. He has quite the inventory he is showing, but he insists that we should not care at all about his inventory as he doesn't care about anyone elses'. All you need is one.

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
Video title should be, "The gun industry is MARKETING to you!" Well duh! Not worth my time to watch! :rolleyes:

· Registered
21,713 Posts
what industry is not designed to sell you stuff?...and i believe there are enough multiple guns owned for no reason other than wanting to own multiple gun owners here that this guy's message is laughed about...

lemmee guess...his channel is monetized...

· Registered
57,732 Posts
Like any marketing, designed for people who will chase equipment in their quest to shoot farther, more precision, blah blah blah.

Need better scopes, need dots, need lighter triggers, need better high profile iron sights, blah blah blah. If you can't out shoot the rifle you have now, spending money on a more precise rifle is a waste of money.

Ex: m1a's

Most people can't out shoot the rack grade 9102 [ which will hold 1" groups at 100 yrds with iron sights using nato surplus, ask me how I know ]. But they have to have a national match with national match sights, more accurate barrel, glass bedding, etc. Rack grade MSRP $1819.00. Loaded precision MSRP $2083. A difference of 264.00.

At todays prices for 308/nato, that savings would represent about 160 rds of ammo. If ya can't out shoot that rack grade, that loaded precision rifle isn't going to make a you a better shooter.

· Registered
6,974 Posts
Me too. I’m just tired of that incessant crap…
I’m kind of feeling the same TBH. I generally feel anyone should pretty much post they want. However, to post a link to a random “clickbait” type story, giving absolutely no indication to content or subject then take it personally when asked to do so is kind of petty and doesn’t exactly compel me to have any desire to know anything about the story.

I’ve not really used the block feature, but I’m truthfully struggling to find anything I’d miss if I were to do so in this case.

· Registered
21,713 Posts
or you could just choose to not click on his stuff without missing any conversation he may be involved in otherwise...

i dont get internet feelings at all...simply wander around it if it may not be what youre looking for...

· Registered
16,017 Posts
Dog balls

• Haha
Reactions: inthewoods

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
or you could just choose to not click on his stuff without missing any conversation he may be involved in otherwise...

i dont get internet feelings at all...simply wander around it if it may not be what youre looking for...
The bolded exactly. Sometimes there is something worthwhile. . . :unsure:

Reactions: CDW4ME

· Registered
5,946 Posts
I went ahead and watched it for y'all. His basic argument it that the Gun industry is constantly trying to "up-sell" you (I.e. You need this rifle, that rife, etc.). If you have a .308 then you need one that shoots 1000 yds and then you need ammo to handle that (i.e. 6.5 creedmor or .338 Lapua Magnum)..snip
They do it with calibers that are the newest, latest and greatest thing, when in fact they are no better than something made 70-110 years ago..

30 Super Carry and the 7.5 BRNO.

Newsflash, 30 caliber handgun loads are soooo 19th Century...

Essentially they have the same ballistics as a 7.62x25 Tokarev, made in the 1930s, which was an improvement over the 7.63x25 Mauser, released in 1896, and was the most powerful handgun cartridge until the 357 Magnum came around.

6.5 Creedmoor vs 6.5x55 Swede. Ballistically almost identical. The 6.5CM has an edge in accuracy, but then again, the latest Swedish Mauser was made sometime in the 1930s.

I would love to see a RPR in 6.5x55...

· Registered
21,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts