Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm with Brownie, and request Cliff Notes.

I'm into targets and standards, so as an aside, here is the FBI handgun qualification course:

Here's the target they use:

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I saw that a few weeks ago and tried to watch it. I couldn’t watch but half of it. It couldn’t keep my attention.

·
Registered
370 Posts
“Best handgun” is just an opinion.
Well, I can't force people to be right but, IMO ... :LOL:

Spoilers:
Glock 19,17,20,21,22,34,35, maybe 30,26,27 (if under a 10 round limit)
Maybe a 1911 (beavertail grip safety and decent sights are non-negotiable)
Maybe a Sig 365 or Hellcat (especially if under a 10 round limit)

Snub revolver? As a "back-up" okay. As a primary? No*
*If one is uncomfortable with loaded chamber on a pistol or operation of a pistol, then Yes.

·
Registered
56,983 Posts

Spoilers:

*If one is uncomfortable with loaded chamber on a pistol or operation of a pistol, then Yes.
Back in the day [ 77-82 ] I carried two 5 shooters in my back pockets in the projects of Roxbury and Mattapan [ Boston ]. 10 rounds, 5 from either hand [ I shoot both left and right handed ]. Out of the pockets and operational in 1 second, one or both at the same time.

I was NOT undergunned by any means.

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
“Best handgun” is just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, "best" of ANYTHING is just opinion! :unsure:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
It was more about skewed test results due to prejudices of the agents, pro and con 9mm vs. .45. It clearly showed the cultural defect of that agency re: twisting evidence to achieve a desired result. In one example, they top rated a gun that didn’t meet one of the “must have” requirements. Useless evaluations. (n)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It was more about skewed test results due to prejudices of the agents, pro and con 9mm vs. .45. It clearly showed the cultural defect of that agency re: twisting evidence to achieve a desired result. In one example, they top rated a gun that didn’t meet one of the “must have” requirements. Useless evaluations. (n)
So the thread title is inaccurate? Thanks.

9mm vs .45, the show that never ends.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
It mentioned several guns but the S&W .45 (M645) won, co champing with a 9 mm Sig. P226 .The problem is, neither of these would have won IF the weight given to various criteria had been adhered to. The most reliable (round count without a failure) was discounted in favor of very subjective superiority of the Sig in 9mm class.

You really have to watch it to see the maneuvering and slanting going on. Based on their own tests, seeing the mis-weighting in the scores, I don’t think many would make the same choices.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It mentioned several guns but the S&W .45 (M645) won, co champing with a 9 mm Sig. P226 .The problem is, neither of these would have won IF the weight given to various criteria had been adhered to. The most reliable (round count without a failure) was discounted in favor of very subjective superiority of the Sig in 9mm class.

You really have to watch it to see the maneuvering and slanting going on. Based on their own tests, seeing the mis-weighting in the scores, I don’t think many would make the same choices.
Wait, wait.. The video is made based on an evaluation done in 1987??? The S&W 645 went out of production in 1988!!!

The FBI selected the wrong gun thirty-five years ago based on criteria not adhered to. OK, now I'm up to speed.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Spoilers:

Back in the day [ 77-82 ] I carried two 5 shooters in my back pockets in the projects of Roxbury and Mattapan [ Boston ]. 10 rounds, 5 from either hand [ I shoot both left and right handed ]. Out of the pockets and operational in 1 second, one or both at the same time.

I was NOT undergunned by any means.

·
Registered
56,983 Posts
Wait, wait.. The video is made based on an evaluation done in 1987??? The S&W 645 went out of production in 1988!!!

The FBI selected the wrong gun thirty-five years ago based on criteria not adhered to. OK, now I'm up to speed.
In 1987, the feds didn't know their arse from their elbow on gun/ammo selections. They still don't have a clue IMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts