Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,358 Posts
See the video title: Which is one reason why I won't even watch the video. :)

This guy is a clown who I have no interest in supporting as a "representative" for Gun Rights. Same goes for FC.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Coming up on one hundred thousand views in the first day. Somebody is watching him. Lotsa attaboys in the comments section.

·
Registered
15,358 Posts
Coming up on one hundred thousand views in the first day. Somebody is watching him. Lotsa attaboys in the comments section.
Well, then.... I should follow THAT crowd. :rolleyes: Blindly. NOT.

I've seen his previous provocative videos. That was enough. FC's support and affiliation with him is why I discontinued my membership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also perceived the Armed Fisherman as being provocative and working more against society acceptance than providing a positive image by goading police and public. I watched more of his videos and began to see him as law abiding and truly exercising our Rights under Florida law. Nothing he has done has been illegal. That being said, I respect him for having the b===s to put himself out there in the eyes of the public to exercise our hunting, fishing, and camping Rights. As been said, if you don't exercise your Rights you won't have any Rights. Also, it's been an education to see the lack of knowledge police today have about defending our military or police Oath of Office. Racer, you certainly have entitlement to your perspective but too often we eat our own instead of helping strengthen the law and sport.

·
Registered
15,358 Posts
Racer, you certainly have entitlement to your perspective but too often we eat our own instead of helping strengthen the law and sport.
I don't see how parking a mile away from the pier and provocatively parading through a crowded farmer's market strapped with ARs "on our way to go fishing" helps our cause. My criticism of him isn't "eating our own." He's sabotaging our efforts, IMO. But, yeah... It's my opinion. These "fishing trips" (which obviously had NOTHING to do with ACTUAL fishing) don't help us and likely hurt us. And, that was the primary reason I did not renew my membership with Florida Carry.

I've put myself out there, as well - appearing in a nationally televised special about guns... against the advice of MANY. "They'll twist your words! They'll edit it to make you look stupid." It went very well.

So, I "get it" about putting yourself out there. But, IMO, there is a good way... and an intentionally provocative way. I disagree with the 2nd way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it's a lawful Right to do it no matter where we happen to start out and if more were doing it there wouldn't be an appearance of provocation as it would be accepted practice to the police and public. Much like our rifles and shotguns in our vehicles waiting for school to let out to hit the fields or woods. No big deal back then because many of us did it snd it was accepted practice. Not to worry though as this Right will go away in our lifetime as will others because of 'perceived provocative issues'. The AF is doing the same as any other leader of controversial issues by drawing attention to suppression (in this case our lawful Right to be openly armed). We may not all agree with his methods but we could at least give credit for trying and not sniping. Just seeing how few LE's know the law or how to handle an armed law abiding citizen should want us to encourage understanding of this Right. I don't mean to infer LE shouldn't approach anyone with raised awareness and caution having probable cause but seeing fishing, camping, hunting gear in possession while going to, while at, or leaving the sport should bring a different approach - I would think. Game officials don't make it common practice to draw down on armed hunters, campers, or people fishing because they know the law and if other LEO's are going to enforce it they should know the elements of the offense also. It's within the same Statute that gives them the Right to open carry. I think our law enforcement academy and/or continuing education should include more about this. I simply support our Rights and perceive some of them being eroded because of our inaction to make our organizations better because we often attack our own when they don't do things the way we would. I don't go to Tallahassee or Nation to lobby for our Rights, I support our organizations to do it in my absence. They aren't perfect but they do a better job than I do. Thanks for allowing me to share my opinions.

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts
I also perceived the Armed Fisherman as being provocative and working more against society acceptance than providing a positive image by goading police and public. I watched more of his videos and began to see him as law abiding and truly exercising our Rights under Florida law. Nothing he has done has been illegal. That being said, I respect him for having the b===s to put himself out there in the eyes of the public to exercise our hunting, fishing, and camping Rights. As been said, if you don't exercise your Rights you won't have any Rights. Also, it's been an education to see the lack of knowledge police today have about defending our military or police Oath of Office. Racer, you certainly have entitlement to your perspective but too often we eat our own instead of helping strengthen the law and sport.
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, wardog6670! 🍻

Considering that you've recently joined FCC, please take the time to actually educate yourself on how FCC really works (see last paragraph below) and then please post you're own proper Introduction Thread to FCC. This lets forum members get to know you more, of course without getting too personal while you also get to know us more! You can make that introduction by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, will be more responsive in answering your questions, and I'll approve your post(s).

If you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
We might have a right to engage in this practice, but then there is the question of "ought" and the question of "how."

If the intention is to go and fish, then go fish and leave the camera and the attitude at home, but that's not what we generally see. It's exactly the same tactic as the First Amendment Audit crowd who intentionally go out and be as much of an irritant to regular folks (and authorities) as they can, hoping to draw a rise out of them. It's an exercise where they go impinge on everyone else's freedom in order to validate their own, something little children do because they've yet to learn better.

What they fail to recognize is that carrying while fishing or camping is not an enumerated right, thus if they keep irritating people and using this sensible loophole in the law that allows a practical reason to carry, it will soon be perceived as impractical because of how easy it is to abuse it. Then it might go away, and it won't go away because of people actually fishing while in possession of a firearm, but by those going out of their way to billboard the fact that they're carrying in public with a fishing rod in hand.

·
Registered
18,435 Posts
Anytime I fish and I mean really am fishing near freshwater I have two things, polarized sunglasses so I can see thru the water for anything that may try to swim up on me and a pistol. No need to have it open and on display, just there is fine. I don’t even fish the lake in my backyard without either of those. Good size gator can and will snatch a person without care.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Well, it's a lawful Right to do it no matter where we happen to start out and if more were doing it there wouldn't be an appearance of provocation as it would be accepted practice to the police and public.
Has it not occurred to you that the reason people don't carry rifles in public is because they don't want to? I'm more likely to need a defibrillator than a rifle, and I don't want to hump one of those around either. :rolleyes:

Carrying long guns in public is not an accepted practice anymore in most of this country, and as long as AR-15s are the weapon of choice of mass murderers, no amount of retards "fishing" with them slung on their backs is going to make it so. All that will result is the practice will be made illegal in places where it isn't already.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Has it not occurred to you that the reason people don't carry rifles in public is because they don't want to? I'm more likely to need a defibrillator than a rifle, and I don't want to hump one of those around either. :rolleyes:

Carrying long guns in public is not an accepted practice anymore in most of this country, and as long as AR-15s are the weapon of choice of mass murderers, no amount of retards "fishing" with them slung on their backs is going to make it so. All that will result is the practice will be made illegal in places where it isn't already.
As well elucidated as one will ever read on the subject IMO

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Without him/them doing this OCing while fishing would probably fly under the radar and be legal forever here. Doing what he’s doing will only cause unhinged liberals to seek change. I’d bet many didn’t even know it was legal to do what he’s doing. It’s better that way.
There is always a small bunch of thrill seekers attempting to get their 2 minutes of fame/attention.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Without him/them doing this OCing while fishing would probably fly under the radar and be legal forever here. Doing what he’s doing will only cause unhinged liberals to seek change. I’d bet many didn’t even know it was legal to do what he’s doing. It’s better that way.
Yea, a "in your face" approach may get different results than what one desires.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr
1 - 19 of 19 Posts