1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Yeah. He's been charged with a whole bunch of stuff, and the bump-stock is just an "add-on." Let's see what happens the first time someone whose firearms are not illegal for a whole bunch of OTHER reasons, gets arrested for having a bump-stock.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
It seemed to me that the man was investigated because he wasn’t legally able to possess firearms, and the bump-stock was just additional low hanging fruit for the feds.
Yeah. He's been charged with a whole bunch of stuff, and the bump-stock is just an "add-on." Let's see what happens the first time someone whose firearms are not illegal for a whole bunch of OTHER reasons, gets arrested for having a bump-stock.
^^^ this.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"used to transform a semi-automatic firearm into a rapidly-firing machine gun-esque weapon".....Now that is Pulitzer Prize material if I ever read any!!

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
It seemed to me that the man was investigated because he wasn’t legally able to possess firearms, and the bump-stock was just additional low hanging fruit for the feds.
Bingo. I think I recall reading he was charged with all kinds of things, including machine guns. This was just an additional charge available to the prosecutor. It's not the primary charge. It's like speeding AND getting a seat belt violation tacked on to the ticket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts