Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,895 Posts
when one is subject to the same snarkisms (?) they themselves might use in a similar situation, the last thing many would suspect is that they would take offense...you can read into the responses as deeply as you want...some seem to be able to dish but not consume...this isnt the first time a similar situation has popped up with regular characters...the fact that many of us have trained together and broken bread would lead most to believe these types of barbs would be easily handled...i wont expound on my feelings because they are more insulting than anything else posted...
I cannot disagree with anything you said here. As I said or was trying to say, I was sorry [and surprised] to see how that thread progressed.

·
Registered
21,573 Posts
Wasn’t looking for alternatives.
When you’re done shhlmeel and shabbatin why not give what racer did a try and post it?
some hardcore shiznit in here...lol... :ROFLMAO:

i get a kick out of the requirement to prove something here...once again, the rulers come out and the flesh hits the table...

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I commend racer for making up an example timed distance drill that he could experiment with on the ranges he had access to (20-25 yards max), trying that drill, and documenting his results here in a specific thread. Comments about his targets, intended or not, did seem a bit snarky or overly critical and missing the point of the exercise by suggesting he spend more time training on handgun basics instead of posting his results. I'm also sorry that racer got so offended by that criticism. The problem with the written word is often the message may be easily misinterpreted by one or both sides of the conversation, especially without sight and sound to color the tone of the conversation to go with it. Let's all try to keep that in mind, please! Many of us here have taken courses together and on occasion, even broken bread together. This is a great forum with a lot of great and funny personalities. I'd hate to see FCC go the way of other, larger online forums. 🤠
I was inspired to try it myself today. Kudos for him to have posted the idea and share his target. I had not shot out to 22 yards for countless years because I don’t feel there is a practical need for it for SD. I was surprised to find out that I actually shot better with a micro Kahr CW 380 then with my brand new full size (gripped) Glock 45.

It was a fun drill and I’d love the opportunity to shoot at the 40 yard distance to see what hits I could make. I still don’t think I’d ever engage someone at that distance especially when they have a long gun and I might have a mouse gun. Nope, no thanks, I’m taking cover first.

My targets from today are posted on the other thread.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was inspired to try it myself today. Kudos for him to have posted the idea and share his target. I had not shot out to 22 yards for countless years because I don’t feel there is a practical need for it for SD. I was surprised to find out that I actually shot better with a micro Kahr CW 380 then with my brand new full size (gripped) Glock 45.

It was a fun drill and I’d love the opportunity to shoot at the 40 yard distance to see what hits I could make. I still don’t think I’d ever engage someone at that distance especially when they have a long gun and I might have a mouse gun. Nope, no thanks, I’m taking cover first.

My targets from today are posted on the other thread.

YMMV
I was also surprised at the difference in results of the Kahr compared to the Glock.

·
Registered
18,705 Posts
Are you someone whose opinion I should value?
Nnnope. But apparently in starting this thread you thought yours did?
Your first comment in Racers thread was what you meant. Apologize or not it was wrong.
On the 1911Addicts forum members every month post a new drill. Many take it up and post their pics, targets and times if requested. No winners, no losers just friendly drills. Nobody has ever criticized another member, not once.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nnnope. But apparently in starting this thread you thought yours did?
Your first comment in Racers thread was what you meant. Apologize or not it was wrong.
On the 1911Addicts forum members every month post a new drill. Many take it up and post their pics, targets and times if requested. No winners, no losers just friendly drills. Nobody has ever criticized another member, not once.
I guess this means we can't be friends. Alas...

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I was also surprised at the difference in results of the Kahr compared to the Glock.
I was very shocked that I even hit the target with the Kahr seeings I’m squeezing it with only two fingers. The Glock was also somewhat disappointing. I have more then a few Glocks for over 20 years and mostly shoot them pretty well. I was surprised at the two misses. 😔

it was a fun drill that I will work into future range events.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was very shocked that I even hit the target with the Kahr seeings I’m squeezing it with only two fingers. The Glock was also somewhat disappointing. I have more then a few Glocks for over 20 years and mostly shoot them pretty well. I was surprised at the two misses. 😔

it was a fun drill that I will work into future range events.
My Glock 19 is a former carry gun that I never got adequate with. Go figure.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Im heartbroken, really I am…
We’ll meet one day. And when that happens rest assured I won’t even remember this and will still break bread with you or pick up your mags if need be.
Where’s Fish when you need him?
Perhaps, if Brownie does another retirement tour in Florida.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts