Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry MIke, I Totally disagree. Let's start with your statement on QuickKill, it is an instinctive sighting technique, target focused and gun indexed.. You are not using sights. That makes it point shooting, index shooting, When you confuse a position, and that is what you did with Quarter, half and three quarter (they are point shooting positions) not sighting or gun alignment. You say you are not using the same index at different distance and then come back and say you index the muzzle the same at 5 yrds as you do at 80 yrds. I am not sure you understand what you are claiming.
Hitting a target at any distance is the muzzle alignment to the target. To hit a target, the muzzle has to have the same alignment to hit target, regardless of the type of sight alignment or gun index you use.
There are no other methods of aiming other than Index (point shooting), Flash sight (focusing on target and firing when the ft sight is somewhere on the target, not aligned), and then aimed fire ( sights alignment tied into sight picture).
There are only so many ways to sight and shoot a gun. Nothing new in over 100 yrs.
Yeah, I know. We seem to be pretty much in disagreement, experientially and philosophically straight up and down the line when it comes to topics hand-gun related. You're an absolutist, and I'm a pragmatist. You're all about the way, while I adhere to a way. In the end, we will agree upon very little. With all that said, I do find these discussions with you beneficial in that they bring many things in for closer examination.

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
Shooting is absolute. You either hit your target or don’t. There is no grey area. In 45 yrs of instruction, I have met plenty like you that thinks or feels there is a grey area. There isn’t. Shooting requires fundamentals. Position, sighting, breathing, trigger control, grip and follow through. It is non negotiable.
I have only had these conversations 10000 times in 40 plus years. For over 100 yrs, techniques have not changed. But you want to change them. Not happening.
Good luck.

Reactions: inthewoods

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Shooting is absolute. You either hit your target or don’t. There is no grey area. In 45 yrs of instruction, I have met plenty like you that thinks or feels there is a grey area. There isn’t. Shooting requires fundamentals. Position, sighting, breathing, trigger control, grip and follow through. It is non negotiable.
I have only had these conversations 10000 times in 40 plus years. For over 100 yrs, techniques have not changed. But you want to change them. Not happening.
Good luck.
And this one is mine...

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
love/hate these conversations.
I'm a believer in, 'never' and 'can't' are words that are a mostly choice.

One-way is a street name/sign, not the only way.

Reactions: mike1956

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
love/hate these conversations.
I'm a believer in, 'never' and 'can't' are words that are a mostly choice.

One-way is a street name/sign, not the only way.
I love conversations, but hate urination contests, which tend to be conversation killers.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Marine Corps quotes, out of context are not permitted! :ROFLMAO:
I had not considered that, but thanks! I was airborne infantry, so I didn't pick up so much on some of the Corps stuff.

"Only one gets to be first. Everyone else can only hope to be next."

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Good luck.
Here are some techniques and doctrine from a mere sixty years ago:

·
Registered
15,011 Posts

So you are saying point shooting was a thing 60 yrs ago? Do you know that Point Shooting was known as F&S technique in the 1906-1919 era? Well like I said, nothing has changed in over 100 yrs.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So you are saying point shooting was a thing 60 yrs ago? Do you know that Point Shooting was known as F&S technique in the 1906-1919 era? Well like I said, nothing has changed in over 100 yrs.
You said nothing had changed in the last hundred years. I cited one example of many things that have changed in the shooting world.

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
You said nothing had changed in the last hundred years. I cited one example of many things that have changed in the shooting world.
I didn’t say shooting world. I said shooting techniques. And the only thing you proved is exactly what I said. That video was a point shooting technique video.
Of course technology of guns, sights and accessories changed. The techniques have not.
I am not sure why I engage in these conversations with you. I walk away frustrated and dumber.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I didn’t say shooting world. I said shooting techniques. And the only thing you proved is exactly what I said. That video was a point shooting technique video.
Of course technology of guns, sights and accessories changed. The techniques have not.
I am not sure why I engage in these conversations with you. I walk away frustrated and dumber.
Was anyone preaching the virtues of shooting to reset in 1960? Maybe that isn't really a technique...

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
Was anyone preaching the virtues of shooting to reset in 1960? Maybe that isn't really a technique...
I am so over this. It astounds me your obtuseness.
And yes they were teaching it in the 1920’s, so maybe it is a technique.
I am not sure if it is lack of experience, lack of training or again just being obtuse.

notice this quote
Chappy goes on to briefly explain that trigger reset was a codified technique back in the 1920s for high power rifle shooters. It gave them an advantage during rapid fire stages.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I am so over this. It astounds me your obtuseness.
And yes they were teaching it in the 1920’s, so maybe it is a technique.
I am not sure if it is lack of experience, lack of training or again just being obtuse.

notice this quote
Chappy goes on to briefly explain that trigger reset was a codified technique back in the 1920s for high power rifle shooters. It gave them an advantage during rapid fire stages.
High-powered rifles? I thought we were talking modern striker-fired handgun technique.

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
High-powered rifles? I thought we were talking modern striker-fired handgun technique.
Dude you are exactly the reason they put the block feature on these forums. If you think for one minute that instructors only used it with rifles and none of those techniques were used with a pistol, you are hitting a crack pipe. Trigger control goes with all weapons.
And it’s typical of you mentioning a strike fired pistol. Another words you want to switch from technique to equipment.
I am f*cking done. You are blocked due to stupidity.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Dude you are exactly the reason they put the block feature on these forums. If you think for one minute that instructors only used it with rifles and none of those techniques were used with a pistol, you are hitting a crack pipe. Trigger control goes with all weapons.
And it’s typical of you mentioning a strike fired pistol. Another words you want to switch from technique to equipment.
I am f*cking done. You are blocked due to stupidity.
It's probably just as well. Your repeated inability to abide by forum rule #2 in your responses those who question your assertions won't work out favorably for anyone in the long run.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I had not considered that, but thanks! I was airborne infantry, so I didn't pick up so much on some of the Corps stuff.

"Only one gets to be first. Everyone else can only hope to be next."
Army Ground Infantry & Mech Later on here . A few of us in Basic wanted to volunteer for Airborne , but we were in a Locked Experimental 196th Inf Brigade .

*Thank the Lord as I would've had to be Pushed Out The door & Still Have Vertigo even today ... Bless You And Your Brothers Sir & MY FRIEND (y) (y) 'G'

21 - 38 of 38 Posts