Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I regret to say that we may not be participating in the Tamps Gun show this weekend.

Sun Coast Gun Show has informed me that we are no longer welcome.

I've received two explanations:

1) We were selling pre-paid legal services. This is untrue. There was another vendor handing out material, but it wasn't my table. Somehow it was associated with us.

2) We were promoting our CCW class. This never happened. No sign-up sheet, no signs. I didn't even have my NRA Certified Instructor patch or logo anywhere.

I've sent Sun Coast Gun Show a three page letter explaining the situation, attesting that I've read and complied with all of their rules, and that I believe our participation was well received.

I hope they reconsider my participation.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused by those that wanted to meet at the Florida State Fairgrounds.

If they change their mind and allow us to participate, I'll post an update.

I understand they are getting some calls. If they are from FCC members, that is very kind of you.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
I regret to say that we may not be participating in the Tamps Gun show this weekend.

Sun Coast Gun Show has informed me that we are no longer welcome.

I've received two explanations:

1) We were selling pre-paid legal services. This is untrue. There was another vendor handing out material, but it wasn't my table. Somehow it was associated with us.

2) We were promoting our CCW class. This never happened. No sign-up sheet, no signs. I didn't even have my NRA Certified Instructor patch or logo anywhere.

I've sent Sun Coast Gun Show a three page letter explaining the situation, attesting that I've read and complied with all of their rules, and that I believe our participation was well received.

I hope they reconsider my participation.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused by those that wanted to meet at the Florida State Fairgrounds.

If they change their mind and allow us to participate, I'll post an update.
Patrick you had a table there? What is it that you sold? was it copies of your Book?

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Well that's that....if Buckley can't go I won't go.....

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Heck I would have gone just to get a chance to meet Buckley and any of the guys who showed up.
Exactly...and even though I live in Boca I might be in the Tampa area next week...even if I am, won't bother with show if one of our own is "expelled"...and I hope more of us follow.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow! I certainly wasn't expecting that kind of response. Heather is going to call this afternoon, and I'll post the results.

The book isn't done yet, but it is well on its way.

We're selling flashlights and OC spray, handing out tons of free literature, and answering every question possible. I really thought the gun show would see that as an advantage. I can answer questions some instructors can't.

I appreciate the support here, maybe the gun show will get the point.

I understand they are getting some calls. If they are from FCC members, that is very kind of you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Subscribing to the thread waiting to hear how this works out. Hopefully it does and you're able to be there. If so it would be nice to swing by and shake hands with a few folks from here.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We didn't receive the call today. Maybe they are reconsidering. I hope to have an answer by noon tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Keep us in the loop, Patrick. I'd like the opportunity to meet you and shake your hand, as well as any other FCC members that show up.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
[email protected] If you want to email

Phone number in Ohio (home office) 330-963-6964

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is odd that we've not yet heard back. We will call them later today.

I appreciate the support.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I spoke with someone from the gun show. I suppose there was a misunderstanding. We are back in.

See you Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
I spoke with someone from the gun show. I suppose there was a misunderstanding. We are back in.

See you Saturday and Sunday.
I am not surprised. I was about to have signs printed and we could all act like other protestors around the country. If I am in Tampa you will see me this weekend. If I buy more land, outside of Tampa, I will need you to close it. :thumsup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts