Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
21,782 Posts

· Registered
58,272 Posts
What is a tactical tomahawk. One made for combat or one made for small chores around the house but used tactically in a struggle for survival?

I have a pen in my pocket, I can write with it as well as use it to write or as a defensive tool. If used defensively I presume it would then have become a tactical pen.

I have had one of these since 05 with a 10" handle. It's a hatchet/hand axe, if I use it to defend myself, it's a tactical tomahawk? Are throwing hawks tactical hawks? If used to dispatch someone having thrown it at them and stuck in their head, is a throwing hawk now a tactical hawk?

To me, a tactical hawk is any hawk used for SD. If one were to use an axe defensively, it's then become a tactical axe?

· Registered
21,782 Posts
i believe the word tactical is more closely related to tacticool today...if you paint anything black it becomes a tactical tool...and the ninja masses will flock to it...

i would venture a guess that most inexperienced hatchet handlers have a high incidence of self injury...most prominently knee and thigh injuries...

· Registered
58,272 Posts
i believe the word tactical is more closely related to tacticool today...if you paint anything black it becomes a tactical tool...and the ninja masses will flock to it...
Unfortunately, I believe you're far too correct on that point sir

· Administrator
33,067 Posts

i would venture a guess that most inexperienced hatchet handlers have a high incidence of self injury...most prominently knee and thigh injuries...
And lots of times "tactifool!" :unsure:

· Registered
16,133 Posts
The word tactical makes my eyes cross..right along with operator..both usually used by people who would fill their pants when the bullets fly

· Registered
5,309 Posts
I have a couple hatchets in my shop, but they aren't tactical hatchets. I use them for stripping bark and knots off logs before running them through my band saw. Over in the corner of my shop I do have three bricks that I suppose are both tactical and tacticool given that they could be used as a weapon and are painted black.

Both my hatchets are restored from rusted out pieces of crap I picked up at a yard sale. A Saturday morning cleaning them up, new coat of paint, sharpening, and a new handle and they're good as new. Here's a full sized axe I just restored about 18 months ago . No before pics, bit it was basically a rust covered dull chunk of steel when I picked it up in a pawn shop for $.50. Little TLC and a new handle - good to go.

Human body Wood Material property Knife Carmine

Musical instrument Garden tool Tool Wood Hand tool

· Registered
5,346 Posts
This resided in my tool boxes and trucks for decades. Has been mine since cub scouts. Might clean it up.
Might need a new handle.
Wood Metal Fashion accessory Invertebrate Copper

· Registered
5,346 Posts

· Registered
58,272 Posts
You would be well heeled with one of these if you're set on using a hawk for SD

· Administrator
33,067 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
I still have one of those, too! (y)
Split a couple pieces of pine, rubbed semi vigorously with Scotch-Brite, sprayed with WD-40, back in sheath, in the truck.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
10,722 Posts
Carrying one? Where would one want to be carrying one they'd have to ask that question?
In the woods, though I don’t see any problem with carrying one there.

My grandmother gave me one for my birthday when I was in third grade. It was much more useful than a pocket knife for a kid (me) who practically lived in the woods. (Until I discovered electric guitars, and girls.)
I never had any desire to take it to school or to town; though it came with a nice leather belt “sheath” that was very handy.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts