Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Most members know me by now on here. I live in the valley of the sun, Az.

My likes are my gun collection, shooting, riding motors and using knives. My intention is only to help others in their quest to stay upright in the face of a deadly threat with various tools. l haven't learned to hit the ignore button and put a stop to any adolescent behavior as I believe one should have grown a thick skin by the time they're an adult.

My full military background may be found at the appropriate place.

Thanks to all the members who've taken the time to attend the courses I've offered since 07 as well as those who've advanced my knowledge base in all manner subjects on the forum.

p.s. - Many on here are very good in helping and sharing their knowledge , which is priceless. 馃嵒

馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Having met you and haven taken several of your classes leaves me to ponder. Do I enjoy more the time we spent chatting over lunch etc. or the great skills that were taught. Wouldn't it be nice to meet again for training or just for lunch or dinner.

Registered
Welcome (again) Brownie
Are we "renewing our vows"?????? :D

Reactions: brownie

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
There was one started up about the time I got there 8 years ago. But it fizzled out rather quickly. It kept crashing with all the 鈥淚 can鈥檛 remember my password鈥 requests.
I'm like Santa, I make lists, check em twice. Keep most of them in my phone under contacts using codes I understand and no one would be able to use them if the phone gets stolen. They are backed up on the cloud through my phone service. 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Since you guys have balance issues do you all ride trikes? 馃槀馃憢
Not all, but there's another group that's just for trikes and another for sidecar riders. You're only allowed into the senior group if you're over 60. Many ride trikes or tubs due to not just balance issues, but strength issues. There's gotta be 3K or more that have dropped from big bikes to something more manageable as they age.

And I'll note that I'm still riding a motor, unlike yourself. It's gotta be tough giving up your man card at your age. :whistle:

馃嵒

Registered
Not all, but there's another group that's just for trikes and another for sidecar riders. You're only allowed into the senior group if you're over 60. Many ride trikes or tubs due to not just balance issues, but strength issues. There's gotta be 3K or more that have dropped from big bikes to something more manageable as they age.

And I'll note that I'm still riding a motor, unlike yourself. It's gotta be tough giving up your man card at your age. :whistle:

馃嵒
I traded my man card for a little league coaches one. Even came with a certificate. 馃槀
Riding bikes here in SoFla has gotten just too dangerous. There鈥檚 no country roads or anything else other than flats around here. Between that and spending time with my son and other kids on the field it was time to let her go.

Registered
^^^ I鈥檝e never ridden before so I have no idea what I鈥檓 missing. I commend your decision to give it up to hopefully stay around longer on this Earth and spend with your family. Remember, it鈥檚 not 鈥渋f鈥 but 鈥渨hen鈥. And yes I know live is all about risk. Stay safe. YMMV. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts