Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
10,717 Posts
There has to be a point at which we will not retreat. This is all BS. IF I had one, it would remain in my safe and if it ever came out, it would only be when someone came to take it.
I gave you a “like;” but ”if” happens I’ll still take mine out and shoot it, just not at a public range…

· Registered
319 Posts
This guy is a constitutional lawyer unlike what his face from guns and gadgets and unlike most other alarmists gun tubers. At the ten minute mark he talks about a federal law. Title 26 section 5848. I don’t trust the government one bit and I would expect the ATF to come after anyone who tried to comply even though a federal law exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
11,552 Posts
I read a good bit of the regulation; some of the ATF's positions I found legitimate, others, not so much. One thing I learned though was that the Americans with Disabilies Act does not apply to the federal government, which they pointed out in response to allegations that this new rule violates the ADA.

I wonder if I can purchase a brace-equipped "pistol", register it for free, then attach a proper stock to it since it would then be considered an SBR. :unsure:

· Registered
17,046 Posts
I wonder if I can purchase a brace-equipped "pistol", register it for free, then attach a proper stock to it since it would then be considered an SBR. :unsure:
The short answer is: Yes. Once it's registered as an SBR, you can attach any kind of stock you want.

Reactions: Old Farmer

· Registered
11,552 Posts
The short answer is: Yes. Once it's registered as an SBR, you can attach any kind of stock you want.
Unfortunately for me, I just found out from a store that specializes in NFA items that the brace-equipped pistol had to have been purchased prior to yesterday to qualify for the $200 tax amnesty. Anything going forward will be considered an NFA item and a tax stamp fee will apply. Now the question is, what will dealers do with all their inventory of brace-equipped pistols? I sure wouldn't be interested a purchasing an SBR with a lame-ass brace instead of a proper shoulder stock.

· Registered
17,046 Posts
Now the question is, what will dealers do with all their inventory of brace-equipped pistols? I sure wouldn't be interested a purchasing an SBR with a lame-ass brace instead of a proper shoulder stock.
They can remove the brace and sell them as pistols... Or put real stocks on them and sell them as SBRs, eh?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts