Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Registered
916 Posts
Well, I interpret everything before the "or" as resolution option 1 and everything after the "or" as resolution option 2. The word "and" is not in the sentence.

But - as you - IANAL. I just have opinions and like a good dialogue from time to time, and as time permits.😉
They seem to be throwing different words and phrases out there all over the place. This is on the ATF website now. They have used the word "and" now!

Options Available to all Possessors

1. Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer rifled barrel to the firearm.
2. Permanently remove and dispose of, or alter, the “stabilizing brace” such that it cannot be reattached.
3. Turn the firearm into your local ATF office.
4. Destroy the firearm.
5. Register the weapon as set forth below depending on your category of possessor.

· Premium Member
7,253 Posts
I do not have one and do not even want one but I did send letters because if they get away with this, What the heck will be next on their list????
Ronnie

· Registered
146 Posts
There has to be a point at which we will not retreat. This is all BS. IF I had one, it would remain in my safe and if it ever came out, it would only be when someone came to take it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Does this mean I can register my braced pistol as a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) at NO cost? Once it becomes a SBR can I leave the brace on or put any stock I like on it (YES) And it does not need to be engraved with my name and city, right? (YES). About 6 months ago I SBR an AR15 (8" barrel) and a CZ Scorpion so I could put a real stocks on them. Back then it cost me 200 bucks each. Now its free

· Registered
17,053 Posts
Does this mean I can register my braced pistol as a SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) at NO cost? Once it becomes a SBR can I leave the brace on or put any stock I like on it (YES) And it does not need to be engraved with my name and city, right? (YES). About 6 months ago I SBR an AR15 (8" barrel) and a CZ Scorpion so I could put a real stocks on them. Back then it cost me 200 bucks each. Now its free
I'd be careful about registering for free or not.

· Registered
17,053 Posts

· Registered
17,053 Posts
WARNING to those of you who own "braces" and are going to apply for "amnesty" and "free" registration!
Best Its A Trap GIFs | Gfycat

Really. It is. No. REALLY. Seriously. Watch this video!

· Registered
2,160 Posts
I do not own a brace. But if I did, I would probably toss it on a 16” barrel, until this passes over. On the other hand, as an NRA Training Counselor, who advertises classes, I bet the the ATF&E already know I have guns. So maybe I would wait until the last moment and register.

· Registered
19,544 Posts
WARNING to those of you who own "braces" and are going to apply for "amnesty" and "free" registration!
Best Its A Trap GIFs | Gfycat

Really. It is. No. REALLY. Seriously. Watch this video!

I just watched that. Does seem like a valid concern and cause for worry. I can only imagine the letters people would receive after the 88 days.

· Registered
17,053 Posts
I just watched that. Does seem like a valid concern and cause for worry. I can only imagine the letters people would receive after the 88 days.
It's more than a valid concern. The ATF told him flat out that after 88 days, they would take "enforcement action."

Reactions: BeerHunter
41 - 60 of 68 Posts