Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Hi Mr. E H .. Are the Panther sheaths leather then ? .I asked because i cannot stand the new hard shell kydex type .. I know they have their advantages , but when you might move a bit , leather will usually follow , kydex not too much .. One is basically maintenance free , and the other occasional care ..

p.s. - My bud in Ga bought a kydex making tool / machine . Now he tells me he's spoiled with the skinner knife and leather sheath i made for him [lol] I know it's a personal choice for sure , Thanks (y)
They are Kydex. But they’re so well made that you won’t notice them.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Nice bowie Rick
Yes; my first, and one that you highly recommended for an “off the shelf” one.

That said, I prefer the speed of my Covington Bowie, which you also recommended;

F04F8A71-83AA-4760-9F05-50D0C264995B.jpeg
997006A8-B527-474E-8461-21F8B111AECB.jpeg

·
Registered
54,946 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
They are Kydex. But they’re so well made that you won’t notice them.
ok , thanks for the answer to my question . I can definitely see that the 'concealment' would be an advantage being thin . Also the angular carry options via the many kydex inserts to boot .

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
PR-24?

Protect and Restrain 24”?

ETA: Pic. My uncle, a Tom’s River, NJ officer gave me this one about 35 years ago as a birthday present.

View attachment 70669

Although I never did “master” throwing it like Heather Locklear does in the opening of TJ Hooker. 🤣
My cousin sent me almost the same , except for the side handle . It was 26 1/2" long x about 1 1/4 " across . Mine has quite deep circular grooves near the top 14 of them . Just under there is a leather lanyard .Wood is dark , also hard like maple . I'm not sure if it is of military or police origin . The best part he found it at a garage sale in Pa . Cost : $6.00 .

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Joe, you picked a great fixed blade! The 3.5 inch VG10 Street Beat by Spyderco is the little brother to 5.05 inch Perrin Street Bowie (not sure which yours is without better scale for blade length but it looks like the larger Perrin). Either are great knives for the reasons brownie states and carried by many of brownie's previous students, as well as some of his assistants in his Edged Weapon/H2H courses, like Scott W (Rvrctyrngr), NotXskinnyXbarbie, and several others, usually in PantherConcealment.com sheaths. Well done, Sir! (y)(y)
Tis the Perrin

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
ok , thanks for the answer to my question . I can definitely see that the 'concealment' would be an advantage being thin . Also the angular carry options via the many kydex inserts to boot .
I don’t know what you’re referencing in your comment about “inserts.”

Jim makes his sheaths when ordered for the particular knife that the sheath is being made for. I actually had to ship my ZT 0100 to Panther to have the sheath made. Then Jim shipped it back to me along with the sheath.

He’ll also need to know belt size, which side it’ll be worn on, blade positioned edge forward or spine forward, etc.

Panther makes nice, durable, concealable and very fast holsters, too:

D566483A-587B-42CF-AA75-AC0D73FBFFF7.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
I don’t know what you’re referencing in your comment about “inserts.”

Jim makes his sheaths when ordered for the particular knife that the sheath is being made for. I actually had to ship my ZT 0100 to Panther to have the sheath made. Then Jim shipped it back to me along with the sheath.

He’ll also need to know belt size, which side it’ll be worn on, blade positioned edge forward or spine forward, etc.

Panther makes nice, durable, concealable and very fast holsters, too:

View attachment 70678
I have five of those for three different EDC handguns, one more for left-handed carry, and two more IWB for two of those three EDC handguns. There's no better or faster holster on the market, IMHO! (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I have five of those for three different EDC handguns, one more for left-handed carry, and two more IWB for two of those three EDC handguns. There's no better or faster holster on the market, IMHO! (y) (y)
Hi BH .. I thought the original post was about knives & carry , not EDC carry for guns . The intent of my reply was intended for knife sheaths & carry .. If i'm wrong , my bad .. Thank you , 'gunner' :unsure:(y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
No, you are more or less correct, but my reply was simply to chime in on the quality of the products of PantherConcealment.com, the maker of the sheaths brownie recommended to Pirate in his thread on his Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie. So I'll not discuss the issue further here but the potential thread hijack with Pirate privately.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
No, you are more or less correct, but my reply was simply to chime in on the quality of the products of PantherConcealment.com, the maker of the sheaths brownie recommended to Pirate in his thread on his Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie. So I'll not discuss the issue further here but the potential thread hijack with Pirate privately.
That was my intent as well, though us long time members who know and have trained/shot with many of the other members do tend to turn one topic Q&As into actual conversations occasionally. Or frequently. Or mostly. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
54,946 Posts
That was my intent as well, though us long time members who know and have trained/shot with many of the other members do tend to turn one topic Q&As into actual conversations occasionally. Or frequently. Or mostly. :ROFLMAO:
Vs. the newbs 🤭

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Mr.BH .. That what i was thinking later , that you may have talked about kydex in general terms . I'm sorry if this has caused any problems for anyone . I'm sure they make fine EDC holsters and especially for today's handguns .

I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way . My sheaths have never been made for defensive carry . In training we were taught in FTF knife situations , first a strong groin kick , get separation & stay vertical . I'd rather a gun . ;)(y)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Joe, Get Panther to do a sheath for you. This knife is what I carry all the time.
Oh I will. I will plan it so I can pick it up in person. All my carry guns are snug in a panther. Won't use anything else. Just gonna use the factory sheath for now. It seems alright.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
That street bowie is one of my favorites......nice ken onion Rick.......

21 - 39 of 39 Posts