Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so because of my job and the states I have to travel. Sometimes I just can't carry a gun. I've been looking and trying to find a blade that is light and easy to handle. Found this affordable one on Amazon and good lord is it light. The description said street bowie, not a knife expert so I guess if it helps feel safe.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55,004 Posts
One of my favorite straight blades is the Perrin [ a little smaller than the street bowie. Mine sits on a Sastre custom sheath with a detachable loop that runs through the belt. It can be carried cross draw, strong side, reverse grip by changing the position of the loop which swivels to afford various angles of carrying.

Lightweight, redirects are fast and it's made of VG10, one of my favorite s/s.

Carry yours in good health sir

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my favorite straight blades is the Perrin [ a little smaller than the street bowie. Mine sits on a Sastre custom sheath with a detachable loop that runs through the belt. It can be carried cross draw, strong side, reverse grip by changing the position of the loop which swivels to afford various angles of carrying.

Lightweight, redirects are fast and it's made of VG10, one of my favorite s/s.

Carry yours in good health sir
Thanks brother, your opinion carries great wisdom. May reach out to you as I'm heading towards AZ this week.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Ok, so because of my job and the states I have to travel. Sometimes I just can't carry a gun. I've been looking and trying to find a blade that is light and easy to handle. Found this affordable one on Amazon and good lord is it light. The description said street bowie, not a knife expert so I guess if it helps feel safe.

Related - I recently purchased one of those collapsible police batons.
Will definitely get the job done. ...unless they have a gun, maybe.
I'll post a link later. It was $100, but real rugged and sturdy.
Had an oddball manufactuer's name. Something like Manatondock, or ???
I've got the paperwork somewhere.
Still, not as pretty as a knife...

·
Registered
55,004 Posts
Related - I recently purchased one of those collapsible police batons.
Will definitely get the job done. ...unless they have a gun, maybe.
I'll post a link later. It was $100, but real rugged and sturdy.
Had an oddball manufactuer's name. Something like Manatondock, or ???
I've got the paperwork somewhere.
Still, not as pretty as a knife...
Monadnock makes police batons, solid products. Carried a 16" LW on duty due to weight, which translates to speed and faster redirects.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
That’s a great knife and it will serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
FYI don’t rule out a large size D cell Maglight. Doubles as a nice club and you have a decent light source with the LED ones. I like “multitaskers”. ;)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
PR-24?

Protect and Restrain 24”?

ETA: Pic. My uncle, a Tom’s River, NJ officer gave me this one about 35 years ago as a birthday present.

4AAF20B0-0BB0-4EB9-918F-50CC299AAADC.jpeg

Although I never did “master” throwing it like Heather Locklear does in the opening of TJ Hooker. 🤣

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
I have rhe Perrin street bowie in a Panther sheath

·
Super Moderator
29,206 Posts

Joe, you picked a great fixed blade! The 3.5 inch VG10 Street Beat by Spyderco is the little brother to 5.05 inch Perrin Street Bowie (not sure which yours is without better scale for blade length but it looks like the larger Perrin). Either are great knives for the reasons brownie states and carried by many of brownie's previous students, as well as some of his assistants in his Edged Weapon/H2H courses, like Scott W (Rvrctyrngr), NotXskinnyXbarbie, and several others, usually in PantherConcealment.com sheaths. Well done, Sir! (y)(y)

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Thanks, I didn’t know that was what they were first called. (y)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Another political correctness casualty. Actually, I tended to agree. “I removed him from his car with the prosecutor” didn’t sound right.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Joe, Get Panther to do a sheath for you. This knife is what I carry all the time.
Hi Mr. E H .. Are the Panther sheaths leather then ? .I asked because i cannot stand the new hard shell kydex type .. I know they have their advantages , but when you might move a bit , leather will usually follow , kydex not too much .. One is basically maintenance free , and the other occasional care ..

p.s. - My bud in Ga bought a kydex making tool / machine . Now he tells me he's spoiled with the skinner knife and leather sheath i made for him [lol] I know it's a personal choice for sure , Thanks (y)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Here's the baton I purchased.
Indeed, it is a Monadnock. (Could not remember the name!) :)
....er, or the price.

This one does not have the side handle. It's a straight collapsible stick.
You basically flick out out (downward motion), and the baton extends and locks into place automatically (3-sections), with a rubber tip thing and the end so you don't stab someone (or yourself)
Very stiff. And would definitely hurt like hell if struck with it.

Qty
Item
1​
Monadnock MON-9121
Autolock 26" Expandable Baton with Power Tip
Black Chrome Finish with Foam Grip​
$152.20
1 Items:​
$152.20​
Shipping:​
$0.00​
Order Total: