Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got offline at the above site and made my mind up . I personally am way more a fixed blade owner / carrier , than folder type .. So the following is what i have picked out and purchased today : Spyderco 'Street Beat Black Blade' - PlainEdge [ FB15PBBK ] Listed . Technical Spec's as follows :
Over all length 7.18"- Blade length 3.51" - Edge length 3.15" - Weight 3.1 oz - Steel VG 10 - Flat ground . Formed Polymer Sheath i may change .

This listed there at $165.00 w/o shipping . I took Mr. Sharks posting / advice . Then i had qualified for their OPFOCUS: 50% off Qualifying Products discount . This now came to - $82.50 , and the same S&H of $13. The total order finally came to exactly $95.50 . If anyone is interested , i will post a picture of it when i receive it , otherwise it's online .

**The knife just arrived 1/2 hour ago .. It has Perrin on the blade [side] . I have never owned any knife this sharp , more like a razor blade and very light weight .

**The polymer sheath is very tight for extraction . I know how to carefully Finess / handle that minor thing . When i find the time later , i will post that pic' you wanted Mr. Shark . Re my thinners , handle with care !
IMGP0138.JPG

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Great fixed blade carried by a lot of FCC members! (y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Nice choice!
My sons have confiscated my nicer blades leaving me with just this....

97391A7D-5AA0-494E-8B31-8359329D067D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can’t wait to see it.
Oh hi there Mr. Shark & you were quick ! I just finished posting this & as you wish , I'll be posting a pic' of it .. I guess I 'owe' you one for sure ! I have never saved money off list price on any knife .. Extremely nice of them to discount it .

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Great choice and great price. Congratulations

The cheapest I can find it is $115 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great choice and great price. Congratulations

The cheapest I can find it is $115 on Amazon.

Hi Mr. Caleb .. Yes i have been on there several times , just looking at everything in general .. I'm now registered for one year & [ 9] more knives if possible (y) P.S. - I think Spyderco has a good reputation from what i have heard ..

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks ok to me , especially if you haven't any at all .. Gotcha Though !
Actually Mr. MMJ , On second look i really like the exact shape of the blade . I had one similar to it some years back . My brother had always borrowed it for skinning / caping out his deer . Then he bought himself his razor Puma skinner, which i now inherited and own .. It just needs a new upper retaining strap .

P.S. - Let me know if you ever get tired of it , used or not . Some just hit me . ;)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Hi Mr. Caleb .. Yes i have been on there several times , just looking at everything in general .. I'm now registered for one year & [ 9] more knives if possible (y) P.S. - I think Spyderco has a good reputation from what i have heard ..
They have a good rep for a good reason, very nice blades for the money. It’ll serve you well.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
IMHO, you can't go wrong with Spyderco. Great knives and, as far as I can tell, a great company.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Spyderco are like the new case knifes of old, they hold an edge well. They have got their heat treatment and production down to a science. I just ordered a new auto knife its a Boker many on here said it's a good company so I took a chance ,I'll post some pictures as soon as it get's here.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spyderco are like the new case knifes of old, they hold an edge well. They have got their heat treatment and production down to a science. I just ordered a new auto knife its a Boker many on here said it's a good company so I took a chance ,I'll post some pictures as soon as it get's here.
Hi Mr. Earl 007 .. Strange you mentioned the earlier Case knives of old . When i went through some of my knives , i still had my original Case folder , no lock back , as it's production date was earlier i believe . It has about a 4 1/2" clip point blade and black micarta handle . It seems in great shape & still fairly sharp .. Will look forward to your knife when it arrives ! Great Choice & good luck (y)

P.S. - When i got the Case knife above , it had no sheath at all . So, back then i made up a nice one in black leather with multiple embossings . Surprised me !

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
They have a good rep for a good reason, very nice blades for the money. It’ll serve you well.

Thanks mr. Caleb .. It will be arriving this coming Wednesday . My only concern now is the size of the 3"+ blade , compared to what i have been use to .. As far as 'intent' to use it as a tactical defense weapon , that will bring me quite close in . Time will tell how i utilize it . (y)

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That’s the bees knees.

Hi Mr. Caleb .. Glad you liked it and i'm getting use to handling it . The sheath entry is better now & am happy with the entire package .. Thanks again (y)
p.s. - I ever so gently felt the edge and it started to cut ! It's super sharp.;)

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Gunner, you probably have a sharpening system you like but if needed, you should check out Spyderco's Triangle "Sharp maker" sharpening stone kit: It's very simple, portable, and very easily can keep all your blades "scary sharp" like you see how that Street Beat arrived right out of the box. 🤠

Reactions: brownie

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gunner, you probably have a sharpening system you like but if needed, you should check out Spyderco's Triangle "Sharp maker" sharpening stone kit: It's very simple, portable, and very easily can keep all your blades "scary sharp" like you see how that Street Beat arrived right out of the box. 🤠
HI BH .. Thanks for the info' and just last night i was checking that out . One quick question , do you advise doing dry , or as whetstone [ water / oil ] ? (y)

p.s. - i have an arkansas stone , and a steel [ round rod w/ handle ] Strange , years ago when working for the gas utility co ' , our electric counterpart threw away loads of ceramic rods .. Who would have thought now .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts