Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’ll take some pics. I had the same problem with the early Froglube I put on too much. Could you explain what happened in your situation?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I’ll take some pics. I had the same problem with the early Froglube I put on too much. Could you explain what happened in your situation?
The gun became all gummed-up inside, where it wouldn’t even fire. I had been a proponent of the product up until that day.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I had the exact same issue especially with 1911s. I discussed this at great length with them and there are two reasons for that happening. One is using too much lube which is what I did. Unfortunately, I am a “more is better“ type of guy. This second cause of a problem is not using their degreaser apparently. Some people use simple green or something which does not remove all the old lube and then the two mix together and form a goo.

There’s a new formula called “frog lube extreme“ that I use now and have had zero issues and way less wear.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I had the exact same issue especially with 1911s. I discussed this at great length with them and there are two reasons for that happening. One is using too much lube which is what I did. Unfortunately, I am a “more is better“ type of guy. This second cause of a problem is not using their degreaser apparently. Some people use simple green or something which does not remove all the old lube and then the two mix together and form a goo.

There’s a new formula called “frog lube extreme“ that I use now and have had zero issues and way less wear.
Good to know...

- I wouldn’t doubt that I was probably guilty of using too much

- I used alcohol to remove the old lube. If I recall correctly, the original product recommended alcohol.

- My gumming-up happened after quite a while of using the product. I think the gun had not been used for 6 months or so.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That was the same issue. I had a bunch of 1911’s in the safe with slides that operated very slowly.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Now that right there is what those in the law enforcement bid’ness would call a clue...

Going on 30 years of using Eezox and I see no need to change.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yep, it was a clue. It was also a big mess and I didn’t use the stuff for a long time until they came out with a new formula. I’m an admitted gadget guy who always looks for the perfect everything, as my dead holster area attests.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts