Registered
5,982 Posts
Yup, some people don’t listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For you younger guys, I’m Black Eyed Peas fan. Every time I open the safe I hear the song “what you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk?”

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
^^^^
Now it's going through my head. Gee tanks! 🤣 🍻

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Lmao...... dammit man! It’s in my head now.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Of more interest to me (already being an XD guy) what kind of motor home ??? :p

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Will try to shoot this afternoon. My neighbor is selling his house and he has people coming to look, I promised them to not shoot and freak out customers.

Bought a Winnebago Navion with the Mercedes sprinter diesel.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Beautiful. Good luck with that sir. (y)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks, boss. I wanted to buy the older fixer-upper but my wife insisted on this one. I’m glad she did. It’s our first foray into motorhomes.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
My hosptial just sold an old smallish school bus to one our of the employees. He’s gutting it and making it an RV. To each his own. I like yours better. :cool:

I’ve always been partial to 5th wheels but have never owed one. Pros and cons to all.

I think you and your wife will have some fun times traveling around in that.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Beautiful! Fun, safe travels for you! (y)

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
You can come visit now.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I promised a short review of the pistol so here goes:

The long grip is a double edged sword. If one were to carry this pistol, I would think you need 20 to 25° of forward cant and no significant love handles to conceal that grip at 4 to 5 O’clock.. Functionally, the long grip is great to shoot.

The trigger was excellent, it felt like a trigger on an older pistol that has been nicely broken in. The reset was short and audible. Recoil was minimal and it stayed on target easily. At 15 yards on steel, five rounds in reasonably fast succession were all contained in the same 3 inch splatter mark. It shot very easy.

With a 19 round magazine, it seems like the thing would never run out. On an interesting note, I have other similar capacity magazines for another Springfield XDM9 mm and they would not fit. They are for my wife’s bedside gun and she does great with it, another reason I picked this one up. I have kind of an unusual XD Tactical in .45GAP and she can wear it out with that one too. It has a much thinner grip but only holds 10 rounds.

HS Produkt did a good job on this one. I didn’t shoot it as much as the 1911 which got my fancy at the moment (Also considering Dan Wesson’s break in period) , but it had no issues whatsoever. I like the grip safety, the tactile loaded chamber indicator and the sights. Considering the price I paid, the match barrel, the trigger and the general handling characteristics, it seemed like a more expensive pistol. If I didn’t have a couple other carry pistols and could get the grip to lie flat enough, I think this one could be carried easily.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
That’s a beautiful RV, any pics of the inside?

I had several XDs but ended up selling them all but kept the screen name . I found that I shot Glocks much better and the higher bore axis on the XDs became annoying. My XD40SC became inoperable from the original FrogLube and although it may have not been the gun’s fault, the experience soured me.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts