Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Springfield is getting into the bullpup game with its new Hellion. It has the same 16 inch barrel that the Tavor x95 has but it's two inches longer with a total length of 28.25 inches, instead of Tavor's 26 inches. Sounds like it's launching with 5.56 but I assume it will offer other calibers later. Not sure if I would add this to my collection, but it's worth looking at.

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
Interesting and thanks for posting, Edgehill. :unsure:

Reactions: joeyvco

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Three on gun broker right now, one with a starting bid of four grand, one at three grand and one at 2300. Yes it will be a while before they are affordable.

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Three on gun broker right now, one with a starting bid of four grand, one at three grand and one at 2300. Yes it will be a while before they are affordable.
Agreed. Not at that price. Even at a comparable price to the x95, it's two inches longer and the point (at least in my mind) of a bullpup is to have a non stamp-required barrel in as small a package as possible. Seems to have missed the mark of their competition.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
What is the MSRP (forget what scalpers are asking at auction)?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Also... who is doing the voiceover? I swear I know the voice, but I can't place it.

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure who did the voiceover, but I think he has done a number of their previous videos. MSRP is vague right now. The Springfield site says $1500 to $2000.

Also, I saw this review from a beta tester on Reddit. (VHS2 from HS (SA Hellion) review) Says he is in the Croatian Army and they tested it.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Bias aside, I'm not sure what the value/performance proposition is with this over the Tavor X95? :unsure:
What differentiates it, in a positive way?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
I'll stick with my "Tuna!"

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Shooting range Outdoor recreation Air gun Shooting Recreation

• Haha
Reactions: Skeptic 9094

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Wonder if it will be any more accurate than the Tavor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[QUOTE="What differentiates it, in a positive way?[/QUOTE]

Well, as a Lefty who shoots with a lot of Righty’s I appreciate all the controls being functional for both.. The ejection can be setup with a primary side and then switch between shots to the alternate side. If you want to switch the primary side you just need to field strip and flip the ejector over..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For a more detailed review, sootch released a video.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
magazine capacity limit for videos :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts