Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread that was a few months old, so in the interest in not raising the dead "Necro thread" :LOL:, here's my new one.

After some research and trying out a Sig P365, a Glock 43 and a Springfield Hellcat, I've decided to get a Hellcat OSP (pre configured for a red dot) in FDE "Peanut Butter" color for my EDC.

I have anice Glock 19, but it's too heavy and bulky for me to be comfortable. I'm going to try and sell it in that forum.

I'm researching red dot sights now.

So help me out - Hellcat owners or people who have spent sometime with one, what'dya think?

Is there anything I should know? The new ones have the Gen 2 trigger which fixed that well known issue it had early on.

Pic stolen off RKGuns.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
You are not making a mistake, if it works for you, grab it. The general rep is it kicks a teeny bit more than P365. otherwise a fine choice. Great reliability very good choice, congrats.

I’ve shot 365, G48 and Hellcat. I probably should have a Hellcat since I have a Hellcat Charger and Sig doesn’t make a car.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I heard they have 15rd mags for the Hellcat now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DennyBob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought one :) 13 round mag feels great. Measures almost 1/2 pound lighter than the Glock19, an inch shorter, but the grip length is close - to me that’s the important part. I’m definitely buying another 13 rounder, maybe a few of the 15 rounders.
The small mag requires me to wrap my pinky around my ring/middle finger, not as useful. Maybe an emergency backup for the nightstand.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I’d say the beauty in mag choices is what makes these little guns so versatile. I have 2 of the P365s. I have 10, 12, & 15 round mags.

I use the 10 round for deep concealment. Sneaky Pete, pocket, or an ankle holster if need be.

I use the 12 round mags as my carry mags as they give my larger sized hands a full purchase on the entire handle/mag extension comfortably.

I use the 15 round mag as an off side carry back up. If I ever decided to use that (P365) for night stand duty, the 15 round mag would be in at that time.

Versatility. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d say the beauty in mag choices is what makes these little guns so versatile. I have 2 of the P365s. I have 10, 12, & 15 round mags.

I use the 10 round for deep concealment. Sneaky Pete, pocket, or an ankle holster if need be.

I use the 12 round mags as my carry mags as they give my larger sized hands a full purchase on the entire handle/mag extension comfortably.

I use the 15 round mag as an off side carry back up. If I ever decided to use that (P365) for night stand duty, the 15 round mag would be in at that time.

Versatility. ;)
I was shocked that I can put it in my pocket with the smaller mag, my wife and son couldn’t see it.
I wouldn’t carry it like that with one in the chamber, it was just a test.
It’ll go in tighter with the 13 round, but it’s still hidden. Amazing.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
If you pocket carry, please get a holster for it that covers the trigger. Don’t just put it in your pocket. And nothing else should ever be in that pocket with it either, other then the holster it is in.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed - Like I said just a test without one in the chamber to see if it would fit. I appreciate your concern, I'm sure there's more than a few who have been injured carrying loaded like that. I'm a 3 O'Clock IWB guy. Waiting only holster.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I saw a thread that was a few months old, so in the interest in not raising the dead "Necro thread" :LOL:, here's my new one.

After some research and trying out a Sig P365, a Glock 43 and a Springfield Hellcat, I've decided to get a Hellcat OSP (pre configured for a red dot) in FDE "Peanut Butter" color for my EDC.

I have anice Glock 19, but it's too heavy and bulky for me to be comfortable. I'm going to try and sell it in that forum.

I'm researching red dot sights now.

So help me out - Hellcat owners or people who have spent sometime with one, what'dya think?

Is there anything I should know? The new ones have the Gen 2 trigger which fixed that well known issue it had early on.

Pic stolen off RKGuns.

View attachment 71045
If you don't mind , where did you finally purchase it ? .. I like the gun and it's versatility also .. I find myself in the same position as you were in making a final decision . The best to you and your new purchase .. (y)

P.S.- Nah not even close to a 'necro search' , you should have seen mine [lol]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I bought it at a store/range called West Armory in Dade City, down the street from where I work. I paid MSRP, but everyone else was charging it too.
I ended up getting the black OSP (precut for a red dot).

The weird thing, and I talked to the dealer and Springfield about it, it’s a CA compliant package l, being sold in FL. But someone doctored it and replaced one of the 10 round mags with a 13 round.

Both the dealer and Springfield said some of the distributors are mixing and matching packages because supply is short.

As a result, I got a 10 round and a 13 round. When I called and asked WTF, the dealer made it right and sold me another 13 round mag at his cost (I verified with Springfield.)

So he took care of me. But I should have looked more closely at the package instead of assuming it was an 11 and 13 round pack.

The store also had the Hellcat RDP, which I thought about getting, but they wanted $100 over MSRP

FYI - the Springfield speed loader is useless compared to my Magula.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I bought it at a store/range called West Armory in Dade City, down the street from where I work. I paid MSRP, but everyone else was charging it too.
I ended up getting the black OSP (precut for a red dot).

The weird thing, and I talked to the dealer and Springfield about it, it’s a CA compliant package l, being sold in FL. But someone doctored it and replaced one of the 10 round mags with a 13 round.

Both the dealer and Springfield said some of the distributors are mixing and matching packages because supply is short.

As a result, I got a 10 round and a 13 round. When I called and asked WTF, the dealer made it right and sold me another 13 round mag at his cost (I verified with Springfield.)

So he took care of me. But I should have looked more closely at the package instead of assuming it was an 11 and 13 round pack.

The store also had the Hellcat RDP, which I thought about getting, but they wanted $100 over MSRP

FYI - the Springfield speed loader is useless compared to my Magula.
Thank you much for all the information ! .. I'm glad that the dealer made things right for you also (y) . Yes some dealers have no scruples especially now ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts