Florida Concealed Carry banner

Speer® LE Gold Dot® SHORT BARREL Duty Ammunition 9mm Luger +P - item# 23611

6K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  High Seas Drifter 
#1 ·
So pretty much this ammo is out of stock - EVERYWHERE. None of my wholesalers have it - no retail website has it - it's just not available. But I bought a Glock 43 recently and this is what I'd like to carry in it.

I figure maybe, just maybe, someone here bought a case of it at some point and wouldn't mind selling a couple boxes, or works for a gun shop that just happens to have a couple boxes sitting on the shelf.

I can find the 53617 (which is the same thing but in a 50 round box and not the "short barrel" formulation) here and there but I really want the 23611 which is the "short barrel" version and apparently only comes in 20 round boxes.

I figure it can't hurt to try - if you've got a box or two and want to sell it please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Yep - that's the right stuff. I ordered it right away - before I saw Todd's post unfortunately. Fingers crossed. Thanks!

#3 ·
That's the same ammo I use and I had to order 23617 from Midway last time because 23611 was nowhere to be found. As you can see, it still isn't.

As far as SWFA, they don't do a good job of keeping their stock up-to-date on their website. It took eight days for them to respond to an email that was sent last Cyber Monday asking about this very product (and I'd received voicemail the numerous times I'd called).

We are unfortunately out of stock on that item right now. I apologize for the delayed response we have been extremely busy with all the sales going on for black Friday and cyber Monday.

Thank you,

Christopher Farris
Senior Product Technician
5840 E. US Hwy 287 Midlothian TX, 76065
O: 972.617.7056|F: 972.617.1647
www.SWFA.com
Christopher@SWFA.com

-on Tapatalk

#5 ·
That's the same ammo I use and I had to order 23617 from Midway last time because 23611 was nowhere to be found. As you can see, it still isn't.

As far as SWFA, they don't do a good job of keeping their stock up-to-date on their website. It took eight days for them to respond to an email that was sent last Cyber Monday asking about this very product (and I'd received voicemail the numerous times I'd called).
I was too quick on the trigger and ordered it before I saw your post. Worth a shot anyway. Worst case scenario I have them refund me if it's not immediately available. I wonder if Speer just temporarily stopped making the stuff or what? If they are currently making it and it's so popular that nobody can keep it in stock, then make more! I know it's not that simple. All these ammo manufacturers are probably wary of spending a bunch of money to increase production capability, only to then have the market shrink and not have a way to pay off that machinery.

#6 ·
Brian, Department of Homeland Security is buying it all up...............................Nah, just pulling your chain. I don't know what's up with it but I would not doubt that this could be true?

#7 ·
Well I yell ya what, if they do have it, please PM me and let me know. I'll order some, too!

For the same gun, no less. :grin
(But that's also what I ran in my G26.)

-on Tapatalk

#9 ·
As feared, SWFA replied and said it is on backorder...

#11 ·
#13 ·
I've got some Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P in the 43 now. I'll just carry that until the 23611 finally surfaces. Amazing how hard to come by it is. Must be made of unobtainium.

#14 · (Edited)
I know how you feel...

Seems everyone is out of stock on this. Let me check my safe when I get home, I might have a spare box of this.

I went crazy in 2013-2015 trying to find CCI shot shells in 38Sp (snake shot). Most dealers were out of stock for well over a year and emailing CCI did not reveal when they were planning another run.

I was able to find the capsules from birdman on here and had a friend load up some for me.... I think you can find the 9mm gold dot bullets, you would need a friend that does reloading to make them up for you.

#15 ·
Thanks R2. I reload (once in a blue moon) but I won't carry reloads for defensive purposes. If you have a box you're willing to sell, that'd be great.

#18 ·
It's my understanding thet the short barrel bullets are designed to expand better at a lower velocity, as one would expect from a shorter barrel, keeping other things equal. I'm guessing its the thickness of the jacket and the core alloy.

#19 ·
In the 9mm the bullet is the exact same bullet. This is according to Speer. Other caliper sb gold dots are different bullets, but 9mm is not.

The chart shows no difference. A few fps is normal lot to lot variation.

Acutually in that test the regular was faster than the sb.

#22 ·
For anybody else that may have been desperately seeking this ammo it is now in stock just about everywhere. I got "in stock" notifications from half a dozen sites and my wholesalers have it as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.