Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you have seen today we have been hit by spam. I have spent the whole day managing and deleting many spam accounts. In order to stop the flow of spammers I have temporarily stopped new users from signing up for the forum. As soon as the spam issue is fixed new users will be allowed to sign up.

You can still become a member of this forum at any time by emailing me @ [email protected]

Please bare with us as we fix this problem.

Admin

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Thanks. We all appreciate that. :clap

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I'm a super mod on another forum. We had a similar issue with bots opening accounts and spamming us. Try setting up a captcha. It cut our bot spammers down by 90%

Another option is to have more mods, so there is at least on on all the time to boot a human spammer if they make it through the captcha.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Bump.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Russian Spam?

Is there any way to allow members to perhaps suspend accounts from posting in cases like the spam? I'd have to think that if someone has say....100+ posts, they could be considered to have enough judgement to suspend an account with fewer than 30 posts? Is that unreasonable? I just wonder if I could have helped stop this before it reached every single sub forum.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know you are busy with all the captcha stuff and all, but we could make all Junior Member Status type a captcha with all posts, then once they reach member status, it is no longer required. Don't know how difficult that would be to do? Just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts