Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These seem to be genuine knock-off pelicans without the logos and the markup that comes with brand recognition. Prices are VERY appealing. Ordering one tonight, will update when it gets here.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/landing_pages/weatherproof-cases

18" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case # (22-24115) is on sale for $19.99
Dimensions are:
External dimensions (L x W x H): 18" x 14" x 7"
Approximate internal Dimensions (L x W x H): 17” x 11 ½” x 6”

If you are in the SFL area and would like to combine orders to save on shipping please PM me.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Mmm the link just takes me to their main web page. Nonetheless searching for waterproof cases gets it done. They look very nice. Please report back when you get it. Which model/size did you get?

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts
Nice tip, thanks! :thumsup

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Mmm the link just takes me to their main web page. Nonetheless searching for waterproof cases gets it done. They look very nice. Please report back when you get it. Which model/size did you get?
Same here

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dont know what to tell you guys. :dunno Comes up fine for me using that link.

Try to copy/paste-
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/landing_pages/weatherproof-cases
Purchased a 16" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case MCM Part #: 22-24135
Came out to $39.98 shipped. Slightly cheaper than the pelican 1400 I got on amazon which is a few inches smaller. Well see how it stacks up to the real deal.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any updates?

Did you receive it yet?
Sure did. Forgot about this thread.
I haven't really put it through its paces yet but from initial inspection it appears to be an excellent, sturdy case and easily stacks up to pelican for a fraction of the cost.
Ill get pics up soon. Just getting home now.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Very interested as well. Always looking for a good inexpensive case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
305, Do you have any updates on the case? They are running a sell on the 18" x 14" x 7" case for $20 and I was thinking of picking one up.

·
Registered
982 Posts
305, Do you have any updates on the case? They are running a sell on the 18" x 14" x 7" case for $20 and I was thinking of picking one up.
Same here. I'm looking at getting a couple at that price next pay day.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I havent gone mountain climbing, scuba diving, etc. with it but Im very satisfied for what I need it for(over-flow storage in my closet.)
The hinges are rugged and the seal is top notch. Only difference Ive noticed from my pelican is the lock holes arent covered by metal inserts.
I can easily stand on it or lay several cases of .223 on top of it in my closet without buckling or bending in any way.
The cover DOES NOT open all the way to lay flat.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

- - - Updated - - -

Seal isnt perfect because I havent plucked out the foam and theres pressure from the guns pushing the cover.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
PS- thanks for the heads up on the sale. I plan on buying another one

18" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case # (22-24115) is on sale for $19.99
Dimensions are:
External dimensions (L x W x H): 18" x 14" x 7"
Approximate internal Dimensions (L x W x H): 17” x 11 ½” x 6”

If you are in the SFL area and would like to combine orders to save on shipping, please PM me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts