Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Orlando guy who is on the way to being strapped (but not in the "I had my wealth redistributed" way)! I just purchased a S&W M&P .40c at the Central Florida Gun Show, and am saving up to purchase the necessary accoutrements for concealed carry (like a holster and, um, ammo).

I am a father of three wonderful children (not including the M&P), who are home-schooled by my equally wonderful wife. I work as a Corrections Officer and I am a newly promoted SGT in the Florida National Guard.

I have always felt that it is every able citizens' RESPONSIBILITY to carry a concealed weapon, not only for their own protection, but for the protection of those around them. Soon I will finally be able to say that I am fulfilling my obligation as a citizen of the greatest nation on earth.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hi Prometheus,

Ex Corrections Officer here. I did the 10 years and out program (vested for Florida State Retirement) :)

Congrats on your Promotion. Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hi all,

Orlando guy who is on the way to being strapped (but not in the "I had my wealth redistributed" way)! I just purchased a S&W M&P .40c at the Central Florida Gun Show, and am saving up to purchase the necessary accoutrements for concealed carry (like a holster and, um, ammo).

I am a father of three wonderful children (not including the M&P), who are home-schooled by my equally wonderful wife. I work as a Corrections Officer and I am a newly promoted SGT in the Florida National Guard.

I have always felt that it is every able citizens' RESPONSIBILITY to carry a concealed weapon, not only for their own protection, but for the protection of those around them. Soon I will finally be able to say that I am fulfilling my obligation as a citizen of the greatest nation on earth.

Well said Prometheus :clap Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Glad to have you, Prometheus. You'll find a good many members here are veterans and, of course, congratulations on the promotion! :drinks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the forum :drinks My son is a new corrections officer in Tallahassee.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome. You wouldn't happen to be related to mamabear would you. She homeschools her kids and I believe she is from the Orlando area as well. :laughing

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome. You wouldn't happen to be related to mamabear would you. She homeschools her kids and I believe she is from the Orlando area as well. :laughing
Nope, not related, but its nice to know there are others out there with similar values and lifestyles! :thumsup

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! I hope that I can add as much to this group as I will take from it. :drinks

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I purchased the M&P 40c about a week and a half ago. It's pretty nice and a good alternative to the glock I was looking for. I bought mine from Shoot Straight in Tampa. I was normally 650.00 but on sale for 499.00 with a 50.00 mail in rebate from S&W. Not to bad for the price.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Welcome. Thanks for you service.

I'm a veteran also and I have the utmost respect for the men and women who serve this great country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts