Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had the opportunity to acquire this Colt Detective Special, Third Series/1974 production in a nickel finish.

The Third Series was different from the earlier models in that it featured a new shroud extending down from the barrel, enclosing and protecting the ejector-rod, and the front sight was changed to a full ramp. The wooden grip panels now covered the front-strap, lessening the need for a grip-spacer. The Third Series also introduced an upgrade to the Detective Special internal lockwork.

It will now join it's blued cousin that was born in 1974 and shares a serial number that is just 103 away from each other.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OD! The DS is rich in history, but I just enjoy classic lines of revolvers.

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
VERY nice, Ron. I prefer full ejector shrouds on my little hand-cannons. Never had a DS, unfortunately. I did have a Colt Trooper MkIII eons ago, though. One of those guns I REALLY wish I hadn't had to sell.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
That is one of the best looking revolvers I've ever seen. I'm not kidding. I love autos but that thing looks sweeet. Ron whenever you get tired of it you can sell it to me :D. Remember that I'm the first one who asked.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL... thanks NK! I'll keep that in mind. I'll be sure to bring it if we make it to a range so you can see how you like it.

In the meantime, it sounds like you will be saving for your second AR! :D

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
So do you have the big fury hat and platform shoes with goldfish in the soles to go with that pimp-a$$ Colt? :laughing

Nice pair (good thing I didn't say that to MamaBear2). :D

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
all I can say is sweeeeet! :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D I never made that connection DE. Wow, I have to rethink my tastes in firearms if that is the case. :eek:

Thanks Brownie!

As long as I'm writing, here is as good place as any to wish everyone here a very happy New Year!

Let's hope for a better year up ahead for ourselves, our loved ones and our country!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice Gun. I think I want to start a revolver collection

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I'll be sure to bring it if we make it to a range so you can see how you like it.
Ok Ron :thumsup. But do you really want to shoot it and ruin that beautiful finish. That would be a safe queen for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Nice pair (good thing I didn't say that to MamaBear2). :D
deadeyedick,

Did you think I wouldn't read this thread? :smack

You are a bad boy.

MamaBear

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
deadeyedick,